Entrepreneurship Expert Jobs Vacancy in Ipe Global Silchar
Ipe Global Silchar urgently required following position for Entrepreneurship Expert. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Entrepreneurship Expert Jobs Vacancy in Ipe Global Silchar Jobs Details:
Vacancies - 3
About the Project
1. The Government of Assam (GoA) through Government of India (GoI) has received a loan from the World Bank for implementation of Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project (APART). Assam Rural Infrastructure and Agricultural Services (ARIAS) Society is the apex coordinating and monitoring agency for the project. The project will be implemented by eight line departments of GoA including their Directorates/Agencies/Commissionerates. ARIAS Society now intends to utilize a part of the loan to hire a Consultancy Service Provider (SP) agency to set up and manage an Agribusiness Enterprise Development and Promotion Facility (EDPF). The project interventions would be taken up in 16 prioritized districts (undivided as of 1st April, 2016) of Assam i.e. Kokrajhar, Barpeta, Nalbari, Darrang, Sonitpur, Goalpara, Nagaon, Cachar, Karbi Anglong, Golaghat, Dhubri, Morigaon, Kamrup, Jorhat, Sivasagar and Lakhimpur.
2. Project Development Objective (PDO): The Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project (APART) aims to “add value and improve resilience of selected agriculture value chains focusing on smallholder farmers and agro-entrepreneurs in targeted districts of Assam.”
3. There are four components of APART: The first component is Enabling Agri enterprise Development, with sub components being (i) enhancing state capacity to attract private investments, (ii) setting up of an Enterprise Development and Promotion Facility (EDPF) (iii) setting up of an Agribusiness Investment Fund (AIF) (iv) establishing stewardship councils. The second component is Facilitating Agro Cluster Development with sub-components being- (i) support establishment of cluster level Industry Associations (IAs), (ii) supply chain support. The third component is Fostering Market Led Production and Resilience Enhancement with sub components being (i) promoting climate resilient technologies and their adoption (ii) facilitating market linkages through market intelligence and product aggregation (iii) facilitating access to and responsible use of financial services. The fourth component is project Management, Monitoring & Learning.
4. APART would support, value addition in the production and post-harvest segments of prioritized agricultural value-chains; facilitate agribusiness investments through inclusive business models that provide opportunities to smallholder farmers as well as stimulate the establishment of new small and medium agribusiness enterprises; and support resilience of agricultural production systems in order to better manage increasing production and commercial risks associated with climate change and marketing of agro produce, in the targeted districts. The project would adopt a cluster and value chain strategy within the targeted districts to generate economies of scale; promote vertical and horizontal links between local agricultural enterprises; enable diffusion of innovations; leverage network externalities; and channel public support for services and infrastructure.
5. Component A is envisioned to enhance the pace of enterprise growth and employment in the targeted districts. This would be done by establishing a cohesive institutional platform (whose role is economy wide and not sector specific), and securing increased private sector investment in the development of value chains, processing and marketing in the targeted districts. The Subcomponent A2, aims to promote an enabling agriculture enterprise ecosystem in the state. Towards this, the project will establish an Agribusiness Enterprise Development and Promotion Facility (EDPF) to foster and accelerate growth of agro-processing sector, thereby promoting commercialization of agricultural production, increasing value addition and agricultural incomes. The EDPF will identify growth oriented existing and potential entrepreneurs, who are pursuing business opportunities related to postharvest value addition in agriculture and allied sectors, and provide them with a holistic service offering that accelerates their growth and promotes sustainability. It is expected that EDPF will have a catalytic effect, encouraging a new generation of entrepreneurs to enter, grow, and advance the industry. The project intends to support 1500 nos. of agro enterprises, both new and existing, through EDPF.
6. ARIAS Society is now seeks to hire a consulting firm hereinafter referred as Service Provider (SP) to set up and manage the Agribusiness EDPF as per this ToR and the targets given in this ToR. EDPF will have a head office in Guwahati and sub-offices in Jorhat, Tezpur (Sonitpur) and Silchar (Cachar).
1. The Entrepreneurship Expert will receive guidance and instructions from Entrepreneurship Specialist at EDPF Head Office for carrying out various activities in his area of operation.
2. The Entrepreneurship Expert will support the HO team for market scanning of business opportunity and preparation of generic business plans.
3. In conjunction with the agribusiness and marketing experts, analyze cost of production and returns for agricultural crops and establish benefits of selling through CSCs over direct selling. Also analysing and disseminating the profitability of different agri enterprise models vis-a-vis technical feasibility.
4. Providing need based inputs to the HO team in refining the value chain studies and carrying out additional value chain studies particularly on the constraints faced by entrepreneurs in the value chain like processors, traders, retailers etc.
5. Organizing mentor-mentee workshops, engaging with mentors and match making of mentors and mentees, follow ups, arranging workshop sessions etc.
6. Contributing to refinement of business plans of agri entrepreneurs on aspects like B:C ratio, break even, IRR and other economic analyses.
7. Contributing to preliminary review of the business plans submitted by FPOs, IAs in his area of operation and submitted the review report/feedback to HO.
8. Contributing to business development support to agri entrepreneurs in short term, medium term and long term verticals, on aspects like basics of entrepreneurship and risk management etc.
9. Documenting case studies in agri entrepreneurship in his/her area of operation and passing onto to Entrepreneurship Specialist in HO for compilation.
Qualification & Experience
Educational Qualification: Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma of minimum two
years duration in Entrepreneurship/ Family Business Management or a closely
related field from a recognised Institute/University.
Working Experience: At least three years experience in starting and managing own agribusiness/ teaching/ training in entrepreneurship management & related activities
- Must be able to travel frequently to rural areas and oversee the programme implementation at sub-district level;
- Able to oversee program implementation plans and coordinate with field staff implementing these plans;
- Proven ability to work closely with Government to foster convergence;
- Good IT and analytical skills in MS Office and Excel.
- Experience of working on similar assignments;
- Proven track record of working with external partners, agencies and governments;
- Proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Good verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills;
Able to translate strategic direction into implementable plans for delivering on improved performance
Contract Type and Period
This will be a fixed term contract.
The contract will be initially for a period of 72 months seventy two (72) months with a provision for half yearly and annual performance reviews. IPE Global is a fast growing organisation with a large portfolio of programmes in India/South-East Asia and Africa and there could be opportunity for long term association for exceptionally good candidates on mutually agreed terms.Download Job Description