Senior Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Citrix Bengaluru
Citrix Bengaluru urgently required following position for Senior Software Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Citrix Bengaluru Jobs Details:
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
We’re currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform Team to focus on SDX, MPX platforms. You will get the opportunity to work on a wide spectrum of technologies including NetScaler – the leading Application Delivery Controller used at major sites across the world.
An ideal candidate will have experience in delivering virtual network appliances for SDX platforms.
- Extensive experience in development and debugging of Linux or FreeBSD kernel
- Experience developing and delivering virtual appliances on ESX/XEN/Hyper-V/KVM
- Experience delivering computing/networking products in public clouds (AWS/Azure/Google)
- In-depth understanding of common network protocols and their applications
Company and Business Overview
Citrix is a leading provider of virtual computing, networking and cloud services that power mobile work-styles by helping people work and play from anywhere and on any device. Citrix solutions pave the way for the business to thrive in the cloud era - embracing mobile users, personal devices, wireless access, app stores, SaaS, and cloud infrastructure.
Citrix Networking team is responsible for networking elements of the Citrix strategy. This includes NetScaler Application Delivery Controller (ADC), NetScaler SD-WAN, CloudBridge WAN-optimization, and ByteMobile mobility infrastructure.
Platform team is part of the fast-growing Citrix Networking team. The team is responsible for delivering Platforms for all products within Citrix Networking product line including the following:
The spectrum of platforms for Citrix Networking solutions
- Physical bare metal (on Citrix hardware),
- Physical hypervised (on Citrix hardware),
- Virtual platforms (XEN, ESX, Hyper-V, KVM, …),
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, ...)
- The complete life cycle of the platforms from architecting, to designing, to supporting them in the field and finally to seamless transitions to next-generation platforms.
The Senior Software Engineer 2 will take up platform development projects, either individually or as part of a team.
- Architect design, develop, and troubleshoot complex systems and platforms.
- Responsible for System software development on FreeBSD in bare metal or virtual environment (ESXi, KVM, XEN, and Hyper-V) with the test-driven approach.
- System debugging in the cloud environments
- Directly support critical customer issues and concerns
- Work cross-functionally to select and integrate components that are not created internally.
- Create documents and artifacts to put forward ideas, algorithms, work-flows, and solutions.
- Determine and drive technical directions for implementation of projects
- Be responsible for one or more platforms including technical ownership, life-cycle implications, and tactical concerns.
- Demonstrate and develop software development best practices and drive them through the organization.
- Engage with other leaders across Citrix to align roadmaps, and identify opportunities
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or a related technical field. Master's Degree Highly Preferred.
- 7+ years of directly related work experience building software products and supporting platforms.
- Prior experience in Network device drivers/system programming is a must.
- Experience in building software products for public clouds (AWS, AZURE, GCP) is an added advantage
- Experience in automation, execution and defining the test cases.
- Experience in kernel/system software product development and life-cycle maintenance
- Experience with open source licenses and implications
- Must demonstrate an ability to technically own a product or a set of features
- Must demonstrate an ability to technically own and negotiate cross-functional deliverables across the matrix organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep understanding of Operating System principles and open source OS like Linux and FreeBSD. FreeBSD kernel experience is particularly valuable
- Good understanding of technology trends in the virtualization/cloud industry (AWS, Azure, ESXi, KVM etc.). AWS, or Azure experience is very desirable.
- Broad understanding of technology trends in networking industry (TCP/IP and other L3-L7 networking protocols)
- Must be able to articulate and defend technical positions
- Strong in kernel level programming and debugging.
- Strong in C/C++ and Python programming languages
- Good understanding of Ethernet controller concepts like DMA, RSS, PCIe, SRIOV, VMDQ, Para virtualization drivers etc.
- High energy with a can-do attitude.
- Interpersonal skills to get things done together in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable working in a distributed team environment across time zones
Working with Citrix puts you in the forefront of technology. Engage and discover the possibilities when you take your career to the unequivocal leader of virtual computing, networking and cloud services that powers today’s mobile work-styles. Every day, our teams are developing solutions that are deployed in thousands of networks around the globe to optimize, secure and control the delivery of all mobile, enterprise and cloud services.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at email@example.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.