Project Manager Jobs Vacancy in Public Health Institute
Public Health Institute urgently required following position for Project Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Manager Jobs Vacancy in Public Health Institute Jobs Details:
Rise Up seeks an experienced Project Manager to launch the Gender Equity Initiative in partnership with Cummins Powers Women in Maharashtra, India. This Program Manager will lead Rise Up’s work in India that is part of a larger global partnership with Cummins to advance social justice and improve education, equity and opportunity for girls and women in India, Nigeria, Mexico, South Africa, Kenya, Brazil, and the United States. Rise Up is building a global movement of visionary social entrepreneurs dedicated to advancing gender equity. We invest in these leaders to strengthen their organizations, lead change in their communities, and advance national-level impact through improved laws, programs, and funding for women and girls.
The Program Manager will play a critical role in leading the launch of this new program and all aspects of program administration, including program design, participant recruitment and selection, financial management, implementation of all programmatic activities, provision of technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation.
Rise Up activates women and girls to transform their lives, families and communities through investment in local solutions, strengthening leadership, and building movements. Since 2009, Rise Up’s powerful network of over 500 leaders has directly benefited 7 million girls, youth, and women, advocating for over 100 laws and policies impacting 115 million people in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the US. To learn more, please visit Rise Up. Rise Up is a program based at the Public Health Institute (PHI), an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world.
As the Project Manager you will:
- Represent Rise Up in all collaborations with local and national partner organizations
- Develop and maintain relationships and regular communications with key stakeholders at the state and community level
- Manage participant outreach, co-interview and help select CSO leaders from Maharashtra, India as project participants
- Participate in training workshops and provide feedback for evaluation and improvement
- Conduct site visits to applicant organizations to provide technical assistance
- Represent Rise Up in local media and national events
- Organize all training logistics including organizing training sites, identifying and coordinating local facilitators, and travel arrangements
- Provide monthly written narrative and financial progress reports to Project Manager program staff
- Manage the monitoring and evaluation process throughout the duration of the project
- Assist in evaluating the initiative through conducting interviews, focus groups and site visits to grantee organizations, as needed
The successful candidate will bring demonstrable experience in program management, a strong background working with teams and partnerships, and strategic thinking to launch this initiative. They will have strong experience working with teams on complex programs, optimism, resourcefulness, a strong self-awareness, cultural competence, and emotional intelligence. Most important their values will align with our values of excellence, transparency, sustainability, and respect as well as a passion for social justice, and racial and gender equity.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or additional 4 years of related experience
- 5 years of professional experience working with an international non-profit organization
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable experience in managing projects independently
- Strong understanding of grassroots gender equality and women’s and girls’ issues in India
- Strong administrative, financial reconciliation, and financial tracking skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Currently located in or willing to relocate to the state of Maharashtra, India
- Experience with training or group facilitation is a plus
- Fluency in English is required, and fluency in Hindi and/or Marathi is preferred
- This is a full time (40 hours/week) position based in Maharashtra, India
- This job requires 20% domestic travel and occasional international travel
- The application deadline is September 10, 2018
How to apply: >
- To apply for this opportunity, submit your cover letter and resume via this link.
- In your cover letter, please describe the extent of your related experience and why you feel you are an excellent candidate for this position
Thank you for your interest in working with us at PHI. Should you have any questions regarding this position, email our hiring team at Recruitment@phi.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Public Health Institute is proud to be an EEO/AA employer