Associate Quality Control Finance Risk Data Operations Jobs Vacancy in Morgan Chase Bengaluru
- Associate Quality Control Finance Risk Data Operations
- Morgan Chase
- Bengaluru KA
- 22 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Morgan Chase Bengaluru urgently required following position for Associate Quality Control Finance Risk Data Operations. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Associate Quality Control Finance Risk Data Operations Jobs Vacancy in Morgan Chase Bengaluru Jobs Details:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The Finance & Risk Data Operations Group’s primary mission is to ensure complete and accurate firm-wide wholesale risk & credit and liquidity transaction and position data provided from authoritative sources primarily for Risk Management and Regulatory Reporting. Responsible for sourcing, controlling and monitoring the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of all wholesale transaction and position information on behalf of Credit, Finance and Market Risk via Feed Monitoring, Exception Management, Month-end Close process for Credit data and Reconciliation of Credit data to GL, and Project support for new feeds and changes to existing feeds.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Q&C analyst is responsible for oversight of the operational control structure of the business and hence assists in the preparation of the Control process plan for the processes.
- Q&C analyst provides proactive leadership and guidance to teams to strengthen controls and enhance quality, ensure compliance and mitigate risk.
- Assist the business managers and related stakeholders in the development of test procedures or anything needed to complete the preparation of procedures as per the Governance Model.
- Nurture and encourage a strong risk management culture by developing a control mind-set within the business, help teams and provide suggestions to monitor activities closely for enhancement/automation.
- Ensure that the stakeholders’ requirements from all products and services are well documented and are conducive to being verified and checked against the final products or services.
- Provide measures to identify excessive operational risk and/or control problems at an early stage and ensures that immediate measures are taken to maintain quality and efficiency standards.
- Ensure that current procedures are in place (and are being followed) for business unit functions and are in compliance with organizational standards and regulatory requirements.
- Review and check the procedures on a regular basis to ensure that they will actually identify any variance between documented requirements and the final products or services.
- Conduct additional checks or control reviews periodically and/or by demand of the business manager or because of an event driven cause.
- Document all reviews and checks performed, provide feedback to the business managers on a regular basis and recommend updates to treat problems at hand.
- Act as an escalation point for risk and control related matters for the businesses and single point of contact for any quality or process improvement suggestions from the team.
- Assist various stakeholders in the process of improving production processes, control processes or any other aspects of the business resources that need improvement.
- Assist with operational and/or corporate risk & control initiatives and serve as the liaison for all Internal Audit, SOX, RCSA, Compliance and Regulatory reviews for the group.
- Requires a sharp focus on the continuous improvements / enhancements and innovations to fix the functional quality issues / manual work around.
- Work cross-functionally to create highly efficient operational processes that avoid control and quality deficiencies and associated errors/misses.
- Provide monthly/bi-weekly reporting to management team on quality & control related matters and concerns. Organize and lead regular forums to discuss lessons learned in errors and drive change.
- Assess operational readiness of the business unit’s ability to take on a new task, activity or project, identify gaps & associated risks, recommend controls, track and monitor issues post go live date until resolved.
- Proficient desktop/database, organizational and problem-solving skills with strong technical skills around MS Excel and MS Access.
- Comfortable liaising with business and associated partners while building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues and understand business drivers & requirements and influence others to deliver solutions
- Ability to quickly understand workings of a complex processing system and general ledger systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies.
- Excellent written and spoken communication in order to approach various teams, Operations, technology and Operate teams and to maintain a level of client partnership.
- Requires performance management and partnering with the onshore teams. Part of the job description is also to liaise with the staff on multiple locations.
- Must understand and contribute to the divisional delivery expectations and targets.
- Education & Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required/MBA, 11+ years of experience preferably in financial services / investments industry
- Strong team player and desire to face dynamic and challenging environment and ability to work under pressure in a deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment whereby you are flexible and able to leverage resources of other groups.
- Strong analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills, which will require the ability to synthesize / analyze / rationalize diverse information and develop strategy recommendations from observed outcomes.