Direct Tax Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Trafigura Mumbai
Trafigura Mumbai urgently required following position for Direct Tax Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Direct Tax Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Trafigura Mumbai Jobs Details:
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 3,935 employees who work in 62 offices in 35 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD136.4 billion in 2017. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
The role will be to assist the Group Tax Manager with the tax accounting and tax compliance function. Main responsibilities will be to ensure:
1) the timely and accurate filing of the corporate income tax returns of the group; and
2) Accurate tax accounting of the legal entities of the group.
You will play a key role in corporate income tax compliance for the global organization. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is ambitious, likes variety and has a strong drive to build and develop. A successful candidate will enjoy real value add to the business and great opportunities for the future.
- Preparation and submission of timely and accurate corporate income tax returns for group companies which fall under the responsibility of the Amsterdam tax department.
- Control and oversight of the tax compliance process for companies for which local teams are responsible.
- Ensure that tax provisions in the balance sheet are in line with expectations
- Ensure that tax payments are made within the set deadlines
- Assist in international tax audits
- Monitor & control of worldwide transfer pricing obligations
- Assistance with preparation of transfer pricing data as and when required
- Filing of taxable profit estimates
- Manage extension of filing process and keep track of filing deadlines
- Keep track of notice of objection periods and review of preliminary and final tax assessments
- Other ad-hoc duties when required
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CA accountant
- Experience with international tax compliance
- Minimum 2 to 4 years post-qualification experience in similar positions or relevant role.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting.
- Experience with extracting data from accounting systems
- Microsoft Office knowledge with strong skills in Excel is required
- Fluent English required, both written & verbal
- Experience demonstrating skill performing basic analytical tasks (e.g., reconciling data, ensuring accuracy of data); maintaining numerous electronic and paper files; using basic office equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working in groups as well as independently.
- Professional management of employee relationships at all levels.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Team player with an enthusiastic approach to fresh challenges.
- Self-starter and pro-active.
- Tax department based in Amsterdam, Mumbai & various other global locations.
- Accounting teams worldwide
- External tax advisors
- Tax authorities worldwide
The corporate tax team is based in various locations worldwide; however this role would be working mainly with the group tax function, which is based in Trafigura’s Amsterdam office.
As a department, we are responsible for tax position of the Trafigura Group. This includes tax compliance, accounting, reporting and planning.