Tech Support Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Datadirect Networks
Datadirect Networks urgently required following position for Tech Support Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Tech Support Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Datadirect Networks Jobs Details:
- Work across Support, Sales and Development Engineering groups to resolve Customer experienced file system issues and ensure total customer satisfaction with our large, scalable file systems.
- Provide technical expertise in collaboration with Pre Sales Engineers for clustered file system solutions.
- Work with Development Engineering on test plans and procedures for enhancing product quality using Customer feedback and use cases.
- Review product documentation, both for internal and external customer needs.
- In the sustaining role deliver maintenance releases for supported products
- Work with the DDN Education team to provide training where needed, either in person or through documentation.
- Assist in development/maintenance of internal tools.
- Demonstrate a thorough technical understanding of clients’ needs, including how those pertain to DDN products and services.
- Clearly communicate complex technical topics to the varied knowledge levels of external customers.
- Develop positive and trustworthy relationships with customers
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities, ensuring all objectives are accomplished.
- Working Days: 5 days per week Sunday to Thursday and a 1-week on-call rotation approximately every 12 weeks.
- Minimum 4 yrs. experience with parallel file systems, preferably GPFS.
- Minimum 4 yrs. in a customer-facing role
- Minimum 8 yrs. experience in the data storage industry.
- Demonstrable understanding of data storage concepts: RAID, SCSI, FC, file systems, etc
- Experience working with NAS protocols: NFS, CIFS, FTP, HTTP, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux architecture and fundamentals.
- Understanding of networking concepts: IP, TCP, routing, etc.
- Experience reading, writing and debugging shell and Python or Perl scripts. skills and a solid team player.
Critical Success Skills: The following are a list of critical skills for this job and examples of behaviors related to those skills.
Identifying Customer Needs: Seeks to provide an appropriate solution by understanding what the customer is trying to accomplish;
- Must have in-depth technical knowledge and problem analysis skills.
- Good understanding of the technical fundamentals of the system infrastructure including open system platforms (UNIX, Linux, Windows), networking, and file system.
- Administration/implementation/support experience of any of the following:
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer interfacing skills
Provides Reliable Information: Builds credibility in a resource role by remaining factual and timely in providing information; maintains his sources for quick access to time-sensitive information and to stay abreast of new developments; proactively educates customers or shares information as part of the service they deserve
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of all DDN products and services.
- Seen as a resource by client, above being just a spokesperson for DDN products.
- Responds to all customer requests in a timely manner, while maintaining accuracy.
Delivers Added Value to Customers: Stays in touch with market trends, including environmental and competitive forces influencing the market, so that he can be seen as a valuable resource to important constituents internal or external to the organization; constantly seeks information that will be useful but is not readily available to colleagues; enjoys being sought for advice and instruction; spends the time to build a base of knowledge that ultimately helps others to be more effective
- Knowledgeable about how DDN products interact with other products in the market.
- Does not wait for guidance, pro-actively identifies and delivers value to customers.
DDN Core Characteristics