Aix Development Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Ibm Bengaluru
Ibm Bengaluru urgently required following position for Aix Development Support Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Aix Development Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Ibm Bengaluru Jobs Details:
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, “be essential.” We are changing how we craft. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are crafting the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that encourages, in an environment where growth is supported. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they’re encouraged to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We’re building teams with dynamic strengths with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us — you’ll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
We will provide you opportunities to grow in IBM by encouraging you to explore the area/technology that you are passionate about.
IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Business Unit Introduction:
The IBM Systems Business Unit provides clients with infrastructure technologies. It offers a range of systems designed to address Computing capacity, Security and performance needs of businesses, Hyperscale Cloud service providers and Scientific Computing organizations.
The portfolio includes Z Systems, an Enterprise Platform for integrating data, transactions and insight, and Power Systems, a system designed from the ground up for Big data and Analytics, optimized for scale-out Cloud and Linux. The storage products portfolio consists of software-defined storage solutions such as Flash storage, Disk and Tape storage solutions. The segment also consists of operating systems software.
Who You are :
- You are a skilled AIX professional with developer skills to perform advanced problem-determination and technical support for worldwide customers.
- Being part of the AIX Development Support Organization (DSO) you are the main interface between AIX Development and pSeries customers.
- You will assist with problem diagnosis and determination down to the line of code for AIX software customers utilizing various pSeries hardware systems.
What You will do :
- You will handle the software issues reported by the customer on AIX OS and drive the issues for the closure.
- You will perform the root cause analysis of the issue, identify code defects and suggest fixes to the development team to monitor and handle the customer issues by working with worldwide support teams.
- You will also Publish technical articles and tech notes to customer and AIX community.
How we’ll help you grow:
- You will gain experience working with the latest technology and the latest IBM power servers wherein you will work on Server architecture, various AIX components such as AIX, boot, Kernel, commands, SAN storage, Virtualization, File Systems, TCP-IP and High availability.
- You will have access to advanced trainings on IBM Power Systems Architecture and AIX operating Systems.
- You will be working with highly talented and skilled Support Specialists.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1 to 3+ years of experience in AIX/LINUX/UNIX OS skills.
- Experience in networking concepts like TCP/IP.
- Demonstrable experience of working on UNIX/LINUX/AIX operating system & its internals
- Good understanding of the Server Architecture, Virtualization concepts, TCP-IP protocols, file systems.
- Demonstrated experience in Programming using C/advanced C programming language.
- Experience in using debugging tools like trace analysers, KDB.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Proven experience in handling large customer issues.
- Exposure to Salesforce tool is an added advantage.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.