Engineer Software Jobs Vacancy in Tivo Bengaluru
Tivo Bengaluru urgently required following position for Engineer Software. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineer Software Jobs Vacancy in Tivo Bengaluru Jobs Details:
Duties: Debug software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for TiVo Interactive Back Office (IBO) products. Develop, modify, and execute software test plans, analyze and write test standards and procedures, maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software, and analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Collaborate with development engineers to resolve problems and provide feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. Ensure quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing. Specifically, test Interactive Back Office (IBO) application functionalities such as DC-Edit, DC-Config, DC-Oper, Web-based DC-Edit (WDE) MSO Application and Web Center; and servers for IBO, LFG, and Oracle Forms.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Computer Applications or related field
Experience Required: 7 years of experience as a Software Engineer, Field Applications Engineer or in a related occupation
Requirements: Must have at least 1 year of prior work experience in each of the following:
- Testing interactive television guide applications on listings, parental movie/TV locks, encrypted channels, EAS, and hidden channels.
- Troubleshooting and integration testing of loading set top box engineering images, middleware and firmware using the Arris Digital Access Controller (DAC).
- Using Unix commands for testing applications on various Linux servers.
- Tracking defects found during testing using Defect Tracking Tools such as Test Rail, JIRA, V1 and HPQC.
- Experience with FTP clients such as FileZilla, WinScp and SmartFTP to extract and place files on various servers running Windows, UNIX or Linux based operating systems.
- Viewing and troubleshooting database table issues during testing using database access tools such as Toad, Microsoft SQL server management, Squirrel and Sequel Pro. Oracle DBMS tools and experience preferred.