Manager Nutrition Jobs Vacancy in Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai New Delhi
Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai New Delhi urgently required following position for Manager Nutrition. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Nutrition Jobs Vacancy in Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai New Delhi Jobs Details:
Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton and Ira C. Magaziner, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”) is a global health organization committed to saving lives, reducing the burden of disease and strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world.
In India since 2004, CHAI has worked on various initiatives with the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and has served over 350,000 people in the country, including children, mothers and caregivers. CHAI has recently started a new Vaccines program to support the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare to strengthen the immunization cold chain and supply chain systems in the country, in addition to carrying out with focused strategic interventions in MP, UP & Bihar to improve availability and quality of vaccines.
CHAI is building on its work on HIV, malaria and diarrhea treatment to support the development and execution of ambitious new efforts to reduce chronic malnutrition in India. CHAI will have a particular focus on:
Reducing prevalence of anemia in adolescent girls and pregnant and lactating women by
Strengthening the current IFA supplementation programs
Increasing awareness and knowledge on anemia amongst frontline workers/ beneficiaries by driving operational excellence of a large field force of over 140 field staff
Advocating for introduction of fortified staple commodities
Reducing prevalence of underweight and stunting among children under three by
Improving and delivering affordable, nutritious food products fortified with the necessary minerals and vitamins
Addressing implementation gaps and enhance program efficiency by introducing scalable technology solutions for supply chain management and
Strengthening community-level systems for monitoring of nutrition indicators and establish a continuum of care and treatment for children with chronic, moderate and severe acute malnutrition
CHAI is supporting the implementation of its strategy in the highest-burden states, beginning with Madhya Pradesh. Madhya Pradesh will be one of the first states to launch this effort on reducing chronic malnutrition, and it will serve to inform and catalyze scale-up in other high-burden states. The program in Madhya Pradesh will be distinct from previous and current efforts in terms of its scale, scope and level of innovation.
The Manager - Nutrition Initiative for Madhya Pradesh will be responsible for driving CHAI’s nutrition strategy in the state working with the Department of Women and Child Development and the National Health Mission, Madhya Pradesh.
This work will focus on managing a competent team to achieve operational excellence, develop and drive the programs’ strategy, managing state government and other development partners to achieve the development objective of reducing the burden of chronic malnutrition in the state.
CHAI is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual with strong analytical and quantitative skills and an exemplary record of leadership and management. Successful candidates will have excellent communications skills, be able to function independently, be self-motivated, have the ability to thrive in challenging environments, and have a strong commitment to excellence. We place great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, energy, and work ethic.
- Help achieve operational excellence through analytics, develop programs strategy and ensure that the program is on track to achieve its objectives
- Manage a cross-sectoral team by establishing program goals, supervising task execution and monitoring project progress
- Reinforce strong, collaborative relationships with the Ministry of Women and Child Development in the state of Madhya Pradesh and support government leadership and priorities
- Work closely with the government of MP to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to supply chain, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation
- Responsible for recruitment, retention and development of a high-quality team
- Co-ordinate with other local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or relationships.
- Draw on CHAI’s global and local expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagement proactively and work in a collaborative manner with cross-cultural teams.
- Should be willing to travel on short notice within India with 60-80% travel
- Fluency in English & Hindi
- Bachelors in Economics/ Business, Bachelors of Technology or Other Quantitative Subjects
- MBA or a Masters’ Degree in Other Quantitative Disciplines
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ work experience in a public or private sector enterprise, with relevant mid-management leadership experience
- Extremely strong data management/excel skills; strong modelling skills
- Highly entrepreneurial and with strong self-motivation
- Demonstrated success in coordinating various stakeholders/interests (public sector engagement would be highly relevant) and developing strong relationships in order to drive a process successfully
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical capabilities, as well as creative thinking capabilities
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and be effective under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and responsively, with a strong commitment to excellence
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and a high degree of self-confidence
- Work experience in a consulting, investment banking or a fast-paced results oriented organization
- Experience working with the public sector and managing cross-sectoral team