Principal Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Medtronic Hyderabad
Medtronic Hyderabad urgently required following position for Principal Software Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Principal Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Medtronic Hyderabad Jobs Details:
Careers that Change Lives
Be a part of the Medtronic Engineering and Innovation center (MEIC) in Hyderabad by applying your skills to the growth, development and sustaining efforts of Medical Devices products within the center.
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations
A Day in the Life
As a member of the MEIC you will collaborate with the broader Medical Devices engineering teams in the US, clinical and commercial teams. You will enable design & development of medical devices/products and the associated infrastructure & capability building elements in close conjunction with the Global teams.
Medtronic is a world leader in providing health care products that benefit individual’s well-being. Our organization contributes directly to this mission; we deliver software for Medtronic’s projects, including embedded Software, firmware and mobile apps.
Our business is growing significantly as the market demands reliable medical devices which look and feel more like consumer devices. As a result, we need a software engineer who will ensure we deliver the best software on-time and with high quality for our products.
- You will lead the delivery of verification services to complex firmware/embedded software application and hardware products within the company
- You will ensure the devices are tested in adherence to the applicable regulation (FDA/ISO13485) and best practices
- You will implement hardware projects as well as develop strong partnerships with other technical resources.
- You will ensure all Verification project deliverables adhere to appropriate FDA and EU regulatory requirements for medical devices and ensure any Field Correction Orders issued are managed and resolved
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 15+ years of industry experience including 5+ years in Medical Device development is MUST
- A minimum of 5+ years in the medical device preferably electro-mechanical medical device field
Key Technical Competencies
- Architects and implements automated solutions across all stages of Medical Device SDLC. In case of existing frameworks, should be able to analyze and enhance the existing frameworks.
- Experience in Test Framework designing / automation testing
- Expert in software engineering best practices for embedded software development, SW V&V.
- Interpret, understand and provide feedback on software requirements for a project. Perform requirement analysis to determine completeness and compliance with software system.
- Ability to work with requirement management tools.
- Process champion who provides vision and leadership in architecting the software test development lifecycle for the product development organization overall.
- Pursues industry best practices and technology trends. Collaborates with industry thought leaders.
- Recognized as the organization’s leader in applying new technology.
- Provides vision and assures the organization is an early adopter of industry innovations.
- Recognized as a technical Architect of software test development methods for safety critical, fault tolerant real-time software, and current embedded system technologies.
- Skilled in leading cross-functional top-down and bottoms-up risk analysis sessions
- Experience in FMEAs for multiple disciplines: electrical, mechanical and software
- Demonstrated strong communicator, verbal and written, across all levels of the organization as well as cross functionally
- History of demonstrating ability to be an extensive multi-tasker, and problem solver with high energy levels and strong organizational abilities.
- Must be organized and attentive to details, and must have strategic and tactical thinking.
- Must communicate effectively in English, both oral communications and written communications in English.
- History of problem solving, priority setting, customer focus, and driving for results.
- Hands-on Experience with FDA regulated (IEC 62304) Software Development required, 1SO 14971 risk management to medical devices, ISO 13485 quality management system, and Expert knowledge of FDA regulations strongly preferred.
Key Leadership Competencies
- Coaches others on how work groups relate/interact and how their work contributes to Medtronic's products
- Role models adapting work process to accommodate change and ensure productivity during times of change.
- Sets meaningful personal goals and helps others prioritize short-term activities around work team/functional priorities
- Identifies the root cause of complex problems and solves them by determining the most appropriate procedure to implement
- Demonstrates accountability for one’s own decisions, and is able to articulate rationale without being defensive. Views mistakes as learning opportunity and supports an environment of continuous improvement.
- Effectively solicits and shares complex information within and across work teams, stating own point of view even when difficult or unpopular; listens effectively
Nice to Haves
- Verification service lifecycle; plan, realize, deliver and own System & Component (HW and SW) level verification implementation, analysis and reporting
- Creation and maintenance of test automation to support regression testing
- Using metrics to collect quantitative project data
- Utilization of quantitative statistical techniques
- Experience with Risk Management reviews
- Certifications: Six Sigma, INCOSE -CSEP, Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE) ,ISTQB Advanced Level Test Analyst
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.Help us shape the
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.