Technical Support Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Vmware Bengaluru
Vmware Bengaluru urgently required following position for Technical Support Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Support Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Vmware Bengaluru Jobs Details:
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
Why work for our Division
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products. GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the “best of the best” supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
Why work with our Group
Engineers support over 250,000 companies running VMware products across three technology layers in over 100 different countries. They support the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, interfacing with them via the phone, email, and web. They resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting utilizing a wide range of skills including virtualization administration, system administration, and software development.
Emerging Products Group: Our focus is to ensure we provide excellent support for new products providing a great customer experience thus enabling easy use and adoption of these products, which in turn increases the chances of customers purchasing the products. To be able to meet the requirements EPG needs to recruit the best Engineers who can quickly adopt new products & technologies, create best practices and processes, documentation & work closely with R&D. Our mission is to provide excellent customer experience and prepare products for a smooth transition into Core GSS once sales licenses reach a certain threshold.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges. In particular, you will provide technical support for our DellEMC VxRack / Software-Defined Data Centre solutions in order to engage the customer or implement and maintain an engagement.
A successful candidate will wear many hats, and your work will have a real impact on the direction of the Emerging products portfolio.
- Provide world-class customer service throughout the entire lifecycle of customer adoption.
- Work independently or as part of a team on engagements with customers, often in a technical leadership role to ensure customer retention and to drive customer value realization.
- Provide architectural guidance for the integration of VMware management products with third-party products within the customer’s IT environment such as storage, networking, systems management, capacity management and monitoring, high availability solutions, security infrastructures, etc.
- Stay on top of customer reported issues, regularly communicate with customers, sales account teams and ISBU Product Management and Engineering.
- Be able to drive and increase visibility of escalated support issues for ISBU key accounts as needed.
- Bring thought leadership around overall customer success and be self-driven to lead with minimal supervision.
- Document best practices in deploying VxRack by DellEMC, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by customers and partners.
- Support various customer enablement and partner events - deliver public speaking and presentations.
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
Professional Qualifications/Ideal Experience
- Domain level understanding of Public/Private Cloud Infrastructure & Networking.
- At least 5 years experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services Solution Architect/engineer or similar.
- Experience with modern software development methodologies.
- Strong practical Linux or Windows systems administration skills
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge in the following products
VMWare Cloud Foundation
- vRealize Suite
- Cisco NXOS
- Base IP layer
Converged & Hyper Converged Infrastructure
- Dell PowerEdge Servers
- Knowledge of job associated database/software/documentation
- .Experience in software deployment in large-scale services in complex environments.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal, internal and external) and presentation skills.
- Quality, out-of–the box thinker that is open-minded, creative, intelligent, and self-confident.
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win.
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up like environments.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience.