Associate Technology Software Developer Jobs Vacancy in Teachforindia Mumbai
Teachforindia Mumbai urgently required following position for Associate Technology Software Developer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Associate Technology Software Developer Jobs Vacancy in Teachforindia Mumbai Jobs Details:
Teach For India is looking for passionate top-notch software developers to join us in our movement to end education inequity in India. We're looking for people who want to use their technical skills and expertise towards a meaningful purpose, that “one day all children will attain an excellent education”. The Technology Associate is responsible for ensuring smooth software operations for all existing technical systems within different verticals of Teach For India as well as own and drive enhancements and development of new systems, from collecting requirements to implementation, delivery and adoption.
Team Overview The Technology team is responsible for providing strategic direction to technology implementations, software solutions and hardware support for all the verticals of Teach For India. We’re a small but strong team that aims to use science and art to create wonder. "Gandhi meets Jobs" is our motto and we work towards creating beautiful apps that empower all our stakeholders on their journey towards our collective vision. We operate with the agility and rigor of a startup, making use of the best and latest technologies available. Some of the technologies/platforms we currently use are Salesforce.com, NodeJS, AngularJS, ReactJS, native Android SDK and we adopt new technologies when/where we believe they add value. We're not rigid about using any specific technology. However, we're committed to providing an amazing user experience on every product/solution that we build.
Responsibilities Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, implement and deliver web applications especially working on the server side logic
- Identify and implement the latest software technologies/frameworks to give the best-in-class user experience for all Teach For India web and mobile applications
- Contribute to architecture and design of different technical systems across verticals – process flow documents, requirements and architecture definition
- Ensure delivery through all stages of the software development lifecycle - gathering requirements from users across different verticals, working with vendors, creating the desired software when required, providing support as well as driving adoption
- Contribute to design and implementation of enterprise application modules built on Salesforce.com
- Provide support to Selection team in selection of highest quality candidates for the Fellowship
- Provide support to Fellows in enabling technology solutions for their classrooms
- Volunteer in classroom and support teaching activities regularly
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Experience writing code. We believe coding is as much art as science and you’ll join us in writing clean and beautiful code to build apps that solve really exciting problems
- Experience in capturing user stories, software requirements and documenting specifications. (e.g. Use Case Diagrams, SRS and RFPs)
- Excellent technical and software development skills. Experience of entire software development life cycle preferably agile development methods (e.g Scrum)
- Cloud computing and web-hosting experience is preferred. (Experience with AWS is a plus)
- Experience on Salesforce.com will be preferred but not essential
- Demonstrable interest in R and d3JS will be preferred
Competencies and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to train teams in usage of technology and deliver a high quality user experience
- Ability to be resourceful, take responsibility and find effective solutions to problems
Values and Mindsets
- Immense sense of possibility, hunger to learn, adapt and improvise
- Belief that Technology can and will change the way people work today and that the organizations can only grow with Technology as one of its strong pillars
Education and Experience
- We believe that reaching our vision demands that we have the best and brightest group of people. The minimum qualifications we look for is an engineering degree (graduate/postgraduate) or equivalent years of experience