Data Scientist Finance Science Jobs Vacancy in Uber Hyderabad
Uber Hyderabad urgently required following position for Data Scientist Finance Science. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Scientist Finance Science Jobs Vacancy in Uber Hyderabad Jobs Details:
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber Technologies, at only six years old, is already one of the fastest growing startups in history. One reason for Uber’s incredible success is the tight feedback loop between Product, Data, and Engineering teams. We are looking to enrich the data being used across the company by internally publishing real-time financial data. In doing so, teams around the company can make much more informed and smart decisions on their product.
In order to fulfill this vision, Finance has assembled a team of product managers and engineers, and we are seeking a data analyst/scientist to be the data lynchpin of our team.
In this position, you will get an amazing opportunity to play a critical role in implementing/building a wide array of financial systems. Your performance is measured by the insights you give, effectiveness of communication, and the initiative to drive ideas and implement them into action.
What you’ll do:
- As part of finance data science team, you will have opportunity to leverage with vast amount of ridesharing data to build and train algorithms that help detect anomalies, forecast trips and financials (like insurance costs, customer care center costs), and recommend optimal financial decision
- Work with product, engineering, business stakeholders from FP&A, Accounting and Tax, and other stakeholders such as city teams across the globe in serving relevant, informative insights.
- Build end to end data pipelines and self serving dashboards. Automate whatever you can!
- Get a deep understanding about the process and data flows involved in order to document and communicate with stakeholders
What you'll need
- Master Degree + 1-2 yrs experience in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Management Science or other quantitative field. Bachelor's + 4 yearsexperience can also apply.
- Solid command over SQL, fundamental statistics concepts and exposure to forecasting techniques and anomalies detection.
- Good understanding of basic concepts in supervised and unsupervised machine learning. Exposure to deep learning and Recurrent Neural Networks (eg: LSTM) is a plus.
- Experience with technical tools for analysis like Python and R. Good knowledge of programming is desired. Theoretical understanding of big data ecosystem (eg: Hadoop, Hive).
- A passion for hacking things together in order to solve the hardest problems
- Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through - you aggressively tackle your work and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.