Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
SCAM ALERT: Caution against fraudulent job offers!
Caution against fraudulent job offers!
We have been informed of instances where jobseekers are led to believe of fictitious job opportunities with Deloitte India (“Deloitte”). In one or more such cases, false promises of actual or potential selection, or initiation or completion of the recruitment formalities appear to have been or are being made. Some jobseekers appear to have been asked to pay money to specified bank accounts of individuals or entities as a condition of their selection for a ‘job’ with Deloitte. These individuals or entities are in no way connected with Deloitte and do not represent or otherwise act on behalf of Deloitte.
We would like to clarify that:
- At Deloitte, ethics and integrity are fundamental and not negotiable.
- We are against corruption and neither offer bribes nor accept them, nor induce or permit any other party to make or receive bribes on our behalf.
- We have not authorised any party or person to collect any money from jobseekers in any form whatsoever for promises of getting jobs in Deloitte.
- We consider candidates only on merit and that we provide an equal opportunity to eligible applicants.
- No one other than an authorised official of Deloitte is permitted to confirm any job offer from Deloitte.
Anyone who at any time has made or makes any payment to any party against promises of job or selection for a job with Deloitte or any matter related to this (including those for ‘registration’, ‘verification’ or ‘security deposit’) or otherwise engages with any such person who has made or makes fraudulent promises or offers, does so (or has done so) entirely at their own risk. Deloitte takes no responsibility or liability for any such unauthorised or fraudulent actions or engagements.
We encourage jobseekers to exercise caution. If you have queries about the veracity of a job offer you have received which relates to Deloitte or would like to report a fraud with regard to job offers with Deloitte, please send an email to email@example.com
SNET – Oracle EBS App DBA – Consultant - Hyderabad/Bangalor
Oracle EBS DBA:
The SNET Oracle Solutions Team is responsible for handling all solution, sandbox, pursuit, and engagement support activities around all Oracle packages. The team provides both on-site and remote technical experts to assist project teams in delivering engagements. The group handles an average of 80-100 projects concurrently with varying levels of complexity.
The position will be focused on supporting client projects and pursuits, solution development, and practice development activities. This position will be located in Deloitte’s Hyderabad, India facility and will be part of a larger team based in the Philadelphia, PA and Costa Mesa, CA, USA offices and Mexico City, Mexico. Supported systems will span all flavors of Windows, UNIX, and Linux.
Work Location: Hyderabad/ Bengaluru
Work you’ll do
· Architecting solutions using oracle databases, applications and application performance tuning.
· R12.2 installations, upgrade process, ad-utilities, ADOP phases, cloning, cross-platform migrations and regular maintenance and management activities.
· Implementations & Upgrade projects ranging from 11i/R12.1/R12.2.
· Performance tuning of databases and applications.
· Architecture designs & capacity planning
· Good knowledge on middleware technologies such as Web logic and SOA.
· Developing statements of work and/or client proposals
Deloitte’s Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte’s solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte’s clients.
The Solutions Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major package applications and technologies ‑ PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, Siebel, Middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .Net, networking, SAN, server virtualization, etc. SNET staff is exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases serve as an R&D function for Deloitte.
· Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience.
· An advanced degree/Certification in the area of specialization is preferred.
· 3.5 to 6 years of relevant technology consulting experience.
· Preferably a certified Oracle 10g and E-Business Suite R12 professional with 3-5 years of relevant experience
· Should be strong enough in managing as a System Administrator on UNIX and Windows.
· Deep technical understanding in areas like Oracle database 10g, 11g & 12c; Oracle RAC; applications 11i, R12.1 & R12.2; middleware components-WebLogic, etc.
· Extensive experience managing projects of varying sizes.
· Sound knowledge of WebLogic, RAC and GRC
· Working knowledge of Oracle engineered systems ex: Exadata, Exalytics.
· Sound knowledge in infrastructure High-availability, Disaster-recovery, MTTR etc.
· Good exposure to oracle SOA suite and Oracle Web logic server administration
· Broad technical background with sound knowledge of systems sizing and architecture
· Prior Big-4 consulting experience highly desired
· Creative person who has developed innovative approaches to developing solutions
· Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
· Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
· Administering and managing the OVM/OVN platforms and the Oracle based ZFS storage appliance platforms.
· Managing and maintaining virtualized vCentre hosting platform in the capacity of a DBA/DMA
· Knowledge on implementing and supporting Agile PLM, OAS, TCG/AACG, PEA and third party integrations like Vertex, Sabrix, tax-ware etc.
· Any exposure or experience in Oracle Fusion Applications
· Working in a Production Support Organization a plus.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, we’ve invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities—including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The Leadership Centre in India, our state-of-the-art, world-class learning Centre in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people’s growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
Bachelor’s Degree B.E/B.Tech, ME/M.Tech, M.Sc, MCA.
“Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services to selected clients. These firms are members of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited DTTL, a UK private company limited by guarantee. Each member firm provides services in a particular geographic area and is subject to the laws and professional regulations of the particular country or countries in which it operates. DTTL does not itself provide services to clients. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are separate and distinct legal entities, which cannot obligate each other. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are liable only for their own acts or omissions and not those of each other. Each DTTL member firm is structured differently in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates and/or other entities.
In the United States, Deloitte LLP is the member firm of DTTL. Like DTTL, Deloitte LLP does not provide services to clients. Instead, services are primarily provided by the subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, including:
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
- Deloitte Tax LLP
Requisition code: E18HCCONRK09-SNET