Sme Ocean Operations Damco Jobs Vacancy in Maersk Mumbai
Maersk Mumbai urgently required following position for Sme Ocean Operations Damco. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sme Ocean Operations Damco Jobs Vacancy in Maersk Mumbai Jobs Details:
Damco (a part of the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group) is one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. The Global Service Centres serve the Damco business through its off shored sites with its state of the art information technology and dedicated employees. Damco is the second largest customer of the Global Service Centres. Today we have around 1,500 people working for Damco in the Global Service Centres with activities located in Chennai, Manila and Mumbai. The main processes we perform are Supply Chain Management, Forwarding, Customs Brokerage, Analysis and Reporting, Application Support, Value Added Services, 4 PL, Business Control, Business Intelligence and Finance
When you join Maersk, you’ll find that the world is your workplace. You’ll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the market place in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve. In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work. At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality or religious belief
- Act as gate keeper of global solution & process, make sure the global requirements are well prioritized / developed with proper
end to end process.
- Capture and document requirements properly, i.e. translate the business requirements into process and systems improvement requests.
- Processes are documented to the Building Blocks standards.
- Ensure the operational platform is supporting the constant
- Improvements required on quality (timeliness/accuracy) and productivity
- Liaise with regional SMEs / SU Community as well as relevant IT
team for applications support and further developments /
- Drive for an open and constructive working relationship with regional SMEs and IT stakeholders to ensure rapid and optimal
use of the global IT solutions (supporting our processes).
- Global solution review and sign off
- Review SIT test scenarios & testing result.
- Coordinate with regions for UAT till signoff
- Maintain the global IOP about the requirements delivery, include necessary workarounds
- Prepare training manuals and conduct trainings to regional SMEs & Superusers.
- Performance following up post solution delivery.
- Manage the system release planning together with IT
- Assist OPS manager with daily tasks – e.g. support to regions, review necessary test cases, testing of releases for owned systems, data clean up, etc.
- Represent the CEN OPS function in various projects assigned, often IT related.
- Maintain/Update CEN OPS intranet
- Various ad hoc tasks
- 3 months Business project engagement at the headquarters with the BPO team.
We are looking for
- Minimum 8 years of experience within logistics.
- Strong conceptual abilities – able to translate complex issues into ideas and actions.
- Good understanding of ocean operations, daily processes and
systems, esp. Kewill.
- Good communicator & translator, from biz requirements into technical solution, as well as from technical solutions into
operational process and training material / IOPs
- Ambition to drive the global SME community