Software Development Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Flipkart
Flipkart urgently required following position for Software Development Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Software Development Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Flipkart Jobs Details:
Flipkart defines the eCommerce industry in India and and is a leader with the core value of putting “customer first”. Flipkart’s employees are a funloving, hardworking and diverse bunch. they love being themselves and their independence of thoughts pave way for disruptive innovation on technology.
We are looking for engineers who are well rounded quality conscious, product thinkers, business congnizant and smart – not mere coders. Engineers get to significantly amplify their impact with the scale that Flipkart operates at. The same scale also demands the engineers to produce superefficient solutions. Engineers participate and propagate a culture where initiative and merit is valued highly.
Flipsters’ in the commerce platform work on problems such as advanced informationretrieval algorithms, massive scalability, elastic storage, predictive analytics, fraud detection and large scale applications that enrich the user experience, to name a few. Working with the market leader, engineers mostly solve challengesneverseenbefore.
At Flipkart we miss no opportunity to celebrate our accomplishments. While we work hard, we party harder.
What we would like you to do at Flipkart:
- Drive discussions to improve product across teams wherever there are inter dependencies across products
- Write performant, unittested code, develop objectoriented models and design data structure for new software projects
- Translate high level business problems into scalable design and code. Create libraries for larger consumption
- Drive large refactoring exercises
- Define APIs and design and implement endtoend services
- Create platforms in your product/team. Build platforms, systems and networking
infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large scale storage systems.
- Create/Improve the architecture
- Introducing new architecture elements based on current needs
- Influence product requirements and operational plans. Instill best practices for development and champion their adoption, while working with product manager to estimate and plan projects in agile development framework.
- Mentor junior engineers on software design, coding practices and TDD strategies and form a holistic mentoring plan for Mentees
- Deep expertise in at least one programming language and tech stack to write maintainable, scalable, unittested code.
- Substantial experience in building large complex business applications
- Strong object oriented design skills, knowledge of design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and classlevel interfaces
- Experience leading multiengineer projects and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with full life cycle development in any programming language on a Linux platform
- Deep understanding of datadriven web application design and development
- Deep understanding of design patterns, optimizations, deployments and tuning servers like apache/mysql/tomcat/solr
- Prior experience in working with Agile software methodologies (XP, Scrum)
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
- BTech, MTech, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- The experience of having been a software engineer for at least 3+ years