Volunteer Cancer India Jobs Vacancy in Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai
Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai urgently required following position for Volunteer Cancer India. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Volunteer Cancer India Jobs Vacancy in Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai Jobs Details:
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
There are over one million new cancer cases and ~680,000 cancer deaths in India each year. The Mortality Incidence Ratio (MIR) of 67% is far above many other countries (e.g. the US has an MIR of 38%), indicating an opportunity for hundreds of thousands of lives to be saved if the outcome gap can be narrowed. India already represents ~7% of the global incidence burden and it is projected that India’s cancer burden will reach ~1.7 million new cases by 2035. And with a growing middle class and rising availability of insurance, demand for quality cancer services can be expected to grow at an even more rapid pace. CHAI has collaborated with the American Cancer Society in the East African region to drastically bring down the cost of 16 common chemotherapy drugs, thereby making the lifesaving treatment available to tens of thousands who could not access the same earlier.
CHAI is currently scoping a new cancer programme in India to bring about catalytic change in key gap areas through improved access to diagnostics and treatment, better knowledge management and focussed capacity building.
CHAI is looking for a volunteer who can work closely with the team on scoping cancer interventions which align with CHAI’s values and vision. The role entails working with an entrepreneurial mind set and self-motivation. A, dynamic, energetic person with exceptional people skills and experience of working in challenging environments would make for a strong candidate for this role. Demonstrated application of analytical skills and problem solving in complex environments would be essential.Responsibilities
- Provide critical research and analytical support on the cancer programme scoping to identify high impact areas of intervention in cancer treatment and diagnosis
- Build capacity on forecasting and quantification of chemotherapy drugs to enable pooled procurement, avoid stock-outs, reduce wastage and minimize costs
- Conduct pricing analysis of available diagnostics and treatment commodities
- Assist in quality assessment of available chemotherapy drugs in the market
- Conduct supply chain assessment in partner hospitals including but not limited to tendering, procurement, payment and logistics
- Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise on cancer treatment and diagnosis, supplier landscape, regulatory issues, treatment guidelines and market intelligence through rigorous research
- Assist the team to build strong relationships with government representatives, suppliers and other key opinion leaders and partners
- The role will require extension short-notice travelling
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills. The volunteer must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in in economics, public health, public policy, or related fields.
- Exceptional analytical, research, and presentation skills for both qualitative and quantitative data (data analysis, cost benefit analysis, study design)
- Strong problem solving skills and a positive, solution-oriented approach to challenges
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently
- Ability to absorb and concisely synthesize a broad range of information, especially clinical, scientific and technical manufacturing information
- Willingness to travel occasionally and at short notice
Experience in consulting, supply chain, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment industry or public health programme strategy would be preferred.