General Manager Mumbai Jobs Vacancy in Uber Mumbai
Uber Mumbai urgently required following position for General Manager Mumbai. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
General Manager Mumbai Jobs Vacancy in Uber Mumbai Jobs Details:
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About The Role
The core of Uber is in the city team. They make the magic that is Uber, a reality. Our major international cities are led by General Managers, who have a high degree of talent, leadership and drive to take this incredible challenging business forward.
As the General Manager, you will be owning the long-term growth and profitability of your city. You will be working with your city team and various internal and external stakeholders to achieve this. You will be overseeing growing the driver-base based on market requirements, and will be managing every part of a driver’s journey with Uber.
You will continually focus on bringing Uber to more riders in your city while in parallel improving Uber’s value-proposition to existing riders. You will explore new avenues of growth by innovating on multiple low-cost and premium offerings for your riders. Given Uber remains a hyper-local business, an equally critical part of your job would be partnering with your cities and its key stakeholders. Internally, you will be supported by strong Operations, Marketing and other functional teams to help you leverage our past experience and expertise to help you achieve these results quickly and more efficiently.
It’s the cross of the analytical with the creative, along with stakeholder management and grit, that makes the Uber GM an incredibly difficult job to fill. If you think you are a future Uber GM, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Define the medium & long-term roadmap to achieve growth & profitability targets for your city
- Own your city’s P&L in collaboration with central operations & marketing teams
- Work with your operations team to grow driver-base of the city
- Oversee the driver lifecycle, focusing on building long-term loyalty
- Unlock new markets and riders for Uber by working closely with our marketing teams
- Enhance value proposition for riders through improving rider experience and unlocking reasons to rider more with Uber
- Evaluate and roll-out new products like MOTO, Auto, HIRE, Intercity and other innovative offerings
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Partner with cities & address local regulatory requirements
- Identify & communicate product/process needs to product & engineering stakeholders
- Manage a team of high-pedigree individuals and help groom our future rockstars and leaders of Uber
What You’ll Have
- 8+yrs of work experience
- Strategic thinking and sound-business judgment
- Data-driven decision making mentality and strong analytical thinking, along with a creative solutions-driven mindset
- Experience in P&L management, along with ability to closely manage a large P&L
- Ability to productively collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders through solid project-management and communication
- Perseverance, grit and leadership to help navigate your team through unforeseen special situations