Senior Tax Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Shell
Shell urgently required following position for Senior Tax Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Tax Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Shell Jobs Details:
The role is designed for supporting and leading the delivery of activities carried out by the Manage Direct Tax team. It involves both people management and individual contributor responsibilities as a reviewer & preparation of tax returns of certain material legal entities. It also provides a very good exposure towards stakeholder management as well as Direct tax compliance and Group reporting.
If you are an aspiring woman with minimum two years of work experience and are currently on a career break, below is an ideal opportunity to restart your career with SBO Chennai
More specifically, the accountabilities include the following -
- Business/process responsibilities and metrics :
Deliver on time and accurate tax reports, returns and payments for migrated activity and tax provision for all businesses in various tax jurisdictions [Countries] and adherence to the managerial metrics of the process;
Understand and operate various tax provisioning/compliance tools;
Understand Group Accounting and Reporting changes and enable incorporation of such changes and in the process as may be relevant;
Co-ordinate/support for tax audits as well as support for resolving all audit queries;
Provide steer and oversight for updation and maintenance of Key tax assumptions and Work Instructions & Training framework to reduce time to delivery to optimal levels (typically 3 months);
Lead and manage and transition additional/new scope migrations of MDT activities.
- Team management, engagement planning and resourcing :
Support continuous professional development and good practices in MDT;
Proactively engage with Business and Country tax teams to enable business knowledge sharing with the MDT team and help embed into processes as relevant;
Keeps abreast of Business developments and Business performance drivers;
Support in ensuring clear roles and responsibilities and compliance with segregation of duties/authorities across team;
Planning of staffing vis-à-vis work assignments/projects/cross team projects etc in an optimal manner and evaluate resourcing requirements on an ongoing basis.
- CI responsibilities:
Continuous focus on improvement opportunities (ESSA) in process & content, identify & actions opportunities to reduce complexity, promote best practices, provide focus on financial issues & achieve operational excellence;
Pursue identification & implementation of CI project pipeline and aid in achieving the process targets.
- Stakeholder management:
Ensure correct and timely escalations of process exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution;
Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and business connectivity;
- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting body with >5 years’ broad professional experience. Work experience of migrated tax / finance activity in multinational companies or professional firms would be preferable. [or]
- Bachelors / Masters in Finance degree with >8 years’ broad professional experience out of which minimum 6 years of experience in migrated tax / finance activity in multinational companies or professional firms.
- Working knowledge of various ERP systems used in Shell Group and excellent MS Office skills.
- Good understanding of Control Frameworks, controls in a tax environment and tax accounting under GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Effective influencing skills and communicator of complex tax compliance issues; both written and oral.