Patient Registration Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Baptist Healthcare Alabama Multi
Baptist Healthcare Alabama Multi urgently required following position for Patient Registration Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Patient Registration Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Baptist Healthcare Alabama Multi Jobs Details:
The Patient Registration Specialist Position is dependent upon assignment within the department, responsibilities may include pre-registration, registration., payer identification and verification, referral to financial counseling, and point of service collections. Vital functions include: timely, accurate and complete data gathering and entry in the computer system(s) of patient demographic and benefit information, verification of benefits eligibility and limitations, coordination of benefits, determination and collection of patient's responsibility at the point of service, and satisfaction of regulatory requirements (medical necessity determination, Medicare Secondary Payer completion and coordination of benefits, Important message from Medicare issuance and signage, HIPAA, and EMTALA). Ability to communicate concisely and clearly is important. Essential is the ability to provide excellent customer service to patients, patients' family members healthcare providers, medical staff offices, and peers. (II and III applicable to only Admitting CBO, Hospital and MCC registration departments as a career ladder).
Education / Experience: High school graduate or equivalent required. Preferred post-secondary education, i.e., Associate Degree in healthcare or business-related field and/or Certification in Healthcare Access.
Bilingual capability (English/Spanish) desirable. Previous experience preferred in hospital or medical office patient access or financial services preferred. Training experience a plus.
License / Certification: none
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform analytical problem solving and basic math
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to follow directions and establish priorities effectively.
- Self-directed and capable of working without direct supervision.
- Dependable in both production and attendance
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers in a diverse environment.
- Strong interpersonal/public relations
- Working knowledge of PC applications, Word, Excel, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Achieves and maintains certification as a Certified Patient Access Associate (CHAA) through the National Association of Healthcare Access Manager (NAHAM).
- Knowledge of federal, commercial and managed care payers.
- Ability to operate concurrently within a variety of hospital systems.
- Keyboarding skills with typing proficiency of 50 WPM.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.