Gis Event Monitoring Technician Associate Jobs Vacancy in Company Kochi
Company Kochi urgently required following position for Gis Event Monitoring Technician Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Gis Event Monitoring Technician Associate Jobs Vacancy in Company Kochi Jobs Details:
Remote Support Services – Event Monitoring Technician Be part of a strong vibrant team with high morale and motivation, monitoring critical services of EY offices located across the globe. Event Monitoring Engineers are responsible for real-time monitoring of alerts generated from EY IT infrastructure devices (Network, Server, Storage, Database etc.) and Applications hosted across the globe, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Event Monitoring team is the First Responder of all IT infrastructure outages and collaboratively work to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible. Key Responsibilities:
- Timely respond to alerts, provide 24/7 support to ensure minimal downtime of IT infrastructure and Critical Business Applications of EY.
- Monitoring and validation of events/alerts generated in EY monitoring toolset.
- Use insights to correlate alerts/events and other operational data to enable consistent and valid ticket creation.
- Incident assignment and coordination between Event Monitoring & other higher-level technical support team for service restoration.
- Efficiently handle tickets by identifying, prioritizing, assigning, resolving and communicating to appropriate team to provide highest level of service to Business.
- Email mailbox monitoring, Vendor call management and incident creation based on calls and emails.
- Handle Service Requests logged for AD account unlock and password reset within the defined SLA.
- Incident Management – perform first level troubleshooting of all incidents with proper documentation and escalating/resolving incidents, as per defined process.
- Provide necessary support to monthly windows server patching activity and other preventative tasks.
- Work in tandem with Shift Leads/SMEs and escalate any potential outages or abnormal situations to their notice immediately.
- Good knowledge on Windows Operating System.
- Knowledge on Windows and Linux based Server technologies.
- Knowledge on Networking and Computer fundamentals.
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure devices and monitoring tools.
- Basic knowledge of ITIL terminology (Incident, Change, Problem, Service Requests etc.).
- Experience working with monitoring tools (SCOM, NNMi, OMi) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in troubleshooting in any of the following platforms:
- Windows desktop, Windows servers, Linux and Network.
- Good problem solving skills and a high degree of self-motivation
- Willing to work in rotating shifts and flexible schedule in 24/7 environment.
- Equally comfortable working independently or collaboratively often under strict SLA’s.
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritization of workload.
- Able to articulate clearly and precisely to Business and other Technology groups.
- BE/B.Tech/MCA/BSc or Equivalent Degree.
- Windows Server certifications (Preferred).
- CCNA/CCNP certifications (Preferred).
- ITIL knowledge and certification will be a benefit.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skill.