Lead Analyst Proprietary Data And Tools Implementation Jobs Vacancy in The Boston Consulting Group New Delhi
- Lead Analyst Proprietary Data And Tools Implementation
- The Boston Consulting Group
- New Delhi DL
- 14 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
The Boston Consulting Group New Delhi urgently required following position for Lead Analyst Proprietary Data And Tools Implementation. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lead Analyst Proprietary Data And Tools Implementation Jobs Vacancy in The Boston Consulting Group New Delhi Jobs Details:
BCG’s Center for Knowledge & Analytics (CKA), offers broad expertise across industry and functional topics that helps in accessing a bigger world of information and insight. Our service offerings include Advanced Analytics, Knowledge Team (Practice Area and Rapidly Developing Economies) and Data & Research Services (DRS). Currently we have 4 CKA hubs in India, Chicago, Boston and London with ~1000 information services professionals worldwide.
We are seeking a strong candidate with experience to fill a Lead Analyst position for the BCG's Proprietary Data & Tools team, focused on development and implementation of a Flagship BCG Product suite tailored towards Commercial/Marketing ROI. This candidate should possess a high level of technical knowledge, project management capabilities, and detail-oriented process skills. The candidate will work closely with project managers and other colleagues in the team on the service delivery side, as well as BCG Practice Area (PA) teams and BCG consulting teams on the customer side. The role offers an opportunity to play a key role that will strongly influence how successfully BCG teams can build and leverage proprietary data and tools.
- Partner with consulting teams and/or PAs to develop new or enhance existing proprietary data and tools; responsible for executing along full range of non-content related activities in the tool and product development value chain.
- Provide technical thought leadership to create best-in-class solutions for Firm needs. Advise on architecture design, technology choices, process design, UI/UX etc.
- Manage and guide project teams to directly enable development and enhancement of tools as well as execution-oriented activities that require use of BCG tools and/or third party to create insights from data.
- Lead scoping of effort and provide inputs in preparing effort and time estimates for projects
- Direct and manage data analysts to provide support for proprietary data and tools owners including managing workflow and output for current benchmarking activities
- Work with Firm/PA clients and onshore product leads to document existing processes, methodologies, and intellectual capital to ensure continuity in the event of a change in product owner
- Work to enhance efficiency, increased standardization and atomization, synergy with other efforts, and/or potential disaggregation of activities
- Assist Proprietary Data & Tools leadership team with setting standards for BCG proprietary data and tools
- Provide coordination and/or direct support for specific products/tools working with owners
- Support ad hoc requests and reporting from case and proposal teams by leveraging existing data and creating new queries/outputs as needed
- Assist with developing, on boarding, and training new junior team members
- Promote innovation by recognizing new concepts in data management and implementing them in BCG's proprietary data and tools processes.
- Demonstrate strong aptitude to work on a variety of technical and analytical topics; focus on delivery excellence in diverse technical environments.
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor degree or master's degree with demonstrated high academic achievement in analytics, data science, or computer science strongly or relevant work experience in data analytics; Master’s degree is preferred
- 7-9 years of relevant experience in the field of data analyses, database design, ETL, reporting and business intelligence
- Product development experience strongly preferred; particularly with a focus on harmonizing analytics with business requirements and usage
Strong organizational, teaming skills and managing small project teams of 2-4 people
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills. Experience in directly working with clients in multicultural settings. Proven experience in project scoping, expectation setting and management, timeline management, QA and seamless collaboration.
- Ability to make in-person presentations to large/senior audiences.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in planning, work allocation, tracking and delivery
- Strong hands-on experience in coding/development activities (SQL, Microsoft SSIS/SSAS, Advanced Excel/VBA, etc.)
- Knowledge of additional tools such as Verint, ConfirmIT, SPSS, R, Alteryx, Tableau, SAS will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of web oriented technologies such as HTML, D3JS etc. will be an added advantage
- Proven track-record of building tools, dashboards, databases that have brought about productivity enhancement or have created new/alternative means to access, analyze and present data.
- Exposure to business/market research, analytics or consulting environment will be an added advantage.
- Good organizational, planning and project management skills – exhibiting attention to detail, follow-through, and accountability
- Ability to work independently or virtually, as well as, in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills, able to work well with seniors and peers
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in English, additional languages would be a plus
- Professional, service oriented, proactive and flexible
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast passed environment while demonstrating high level of maturity
- Some travel may be required (less than 20%)
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG's values and culture.
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
- It is necessary to have the ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple cultures.
- Position is located in Gurgaon, in the Center for Knowledge & Analytics
- Work related travel would be required.