Interaction Designer Jobs Vacancy in Trimble Inc Chennai
Trimble Inc Chennai urgently required following position for Interaction Designer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Interaction Designer Jobs Vacancy in Trimble Inc Chennai Jobs Details:
Trimble is recruiting for an Interaction Designer to fill an opportunity in Chennai, India.
The main function of the Interaction Designer is to create visually stunning interactive designs for the next generation of mobile, web and wearable applications for Trimble’s 5 main business verticals. In this capacity, the designer shall work with Product Managers, Designers and Developers across global Trimble locations and convert product ideas and software requirements into original designs that create a compelling user experience with the right mix of style, storytelling and brand identity. The designer shall also participate in product ideation and concept development initiatives within the organization.
The designer must be able to produce design specifications, information architecture, wireframes and visual design elements such as screen layouts, icons, transitions, 3D models and animations.
- Proficient in Interaction Design tools and methodologies.
- Exhibit a wild creative mind and attention to detail.
- Should have sufficient experience in at least 4 of the design stages given below. Enough data should be given to substantiate exposure/experience in these areas.
- Site Maps, User Flows, Navigation Models
- Visual Design
- Motion Graphics and Animation effects
- 3D models
- Excellent design skills that bridges style, innovation and usability.
- Efficient production and ability to balance design and deadlines.
- Proficient in using digital design tools such as:
- Sketch (for Mac)
- Adobe CC
- Premiere (optional)
- After effects (optional)
- 3d software (from the following)
- 3d Max
- Cinema 4D
- Unity (optional)
- Understanding of the Agile Software Development methods.
- Good Communication skills and ability to translate from verbal to sketching.
- Positive attitude, self-motivation and quality of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and crave for learning.
- Should be a good team player and work in a collaborative environment.
- Personal integrity and value system.
Additional Skills and Experiences
- Design experience for enterprise applications on mobile phones / tablets / Web Browsers in a multitude of device platforms, from factors and screen sizes will be an advantage.
- Have presented concepts/papers to a wider audience in a conference like setting.
- Understanding of global cultures / design principles for globalization is a value addition.
- Having a strong & diverse design portfolio to present.
- Portfolio of applications currently on App Stores.
The applicant shall have 2 to 4 years of working experience in a tier-1 ranked company in a similar capacity.
Minimum Required Qualification
B.Des in Graphics Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, New Media Design, Digital Game Design or Product Design from the National Institute of Design in India
M.Des in Graphics Design or Product Design from the National Institute of Design in India
M.Des in Interaction Design or Industrial Design from IIT, Bombay.
B.Des / M.Des in User Experience & Interaction Design from IIT, Kanpur
B.Des / M.Des / Ph.D in User Experience & Interaction Design from IIT, Guwahati.
or an equivalent Degree / Diploma from a similarly ranked international institute.
The person employed on this role shall report to the Associate Creative Director in Chennai or a person designated by the company.
Measure of Success
- Ability to study the use cases in breadth and depth and visualize solutions
- Build empathy and understanding with users
- Ability to communicate design ideas and work in a collaborative environment
- Production quality and timeliness
Tidel Park, Taramani
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.