Accounting Control Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Deutsche Bank Mumbai
Deutsche Bank Mumbai urgently required following position for Accounting Control Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting Control Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Deutsche Bank Mumbai Jobs Details:
Job title: Internal Derivatives Controller
Corporate title: Associate/Analyst
Division: CIB Business Finance
The role is in the Internal Derivatives Control (IDC) utility team and will be one of a team comprising 5 members who form part of the Pan CIB Business Finance team. It is a global function crossing all divisions of Deutsche Bank.
The primary focus of the IDC team is the production, coordination and control of the reconciliation of internal monthly derivatives. The process has been through a period of re-engineering and development in order to mitigate risks highlighted by external and internal audits. Due to the audit point focus on intercompany derivatives, senior management expects regular updates and continuous improvements in the process. They fully support this process and as such mean the role has excellent exposure.
The main focus of the team is to investigate material intercompany derivatives breaks by working closely with partners across Finance and GTS/Operations. Detailed tasks include:
- Investigation of material breaks for regions and products and root cause allocation of breaks.
- Assigning breaks to appropriate remediation owner based on root cause.
- Reporting MI for breaks for each product.
- Review commentary from Finance and GTS in relation to material breaks and ensuring these are reflected in the workflow tool
- Monthly MIS pack production and distribution and trend analysis
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Build sustainable partnerships with Group Finance, Business Finance, Risk Profit and Loss, Financial control, Front Office, Global Technology and Operations and Market Risk Management.
- Communication of material breaks to strategic programs across Deutsche Bank.
- Challenge commentary and root cause submissions while investigating issues.
- Support the team’s continuous improvement program by contributing to developing and implementing new tools and techniques to increase capability, accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Managing their responsible area of the month end investigation cycle.
- Investigation of material breaks by utilising and building an appropriate toolset for valuation type issues.
- Contribute to any Internal or External audit related requests and other ad-hoc bank wide requests.
You will have:
- A degree or CA, MBA (Finance) or studying towards an accounting qualification.
- A good working knowledge of the front to back system architecture within an investment bank.
- An analytical mindset and good approach to problem solving.
- Strong spreadsheet skills and experienced user of MS Excel.
- Strong data analysis skills through the use of Excel (pivot tables, VBA etc).
- Ability to navigate organization and build strong relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and controls focus.
- Good approach to problem solving and process focused.
- Products knowledge useful e.g. derivatives, bonds and loans.
You will be:
- Able to build good working relationships both within and outside the team.
- An excellent team worker, able to work in virtual global teams and in a matrix organization.
- Open minded, able to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members.
- Able to recognise high risk situations and deal with them in a prompt manner.
- Good time management and organisation. Ability to cope well with periodic pressure.
- Self starter and ability to communicate well across different groups at all levels.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.