Analyst Supply Chain Initiative Jobs Vacancy in Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai
Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai urgently required following position for Analyst Supply Chain Initiative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Analyst Supply Chain Initiative Jobs Vacancy in Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai Jobs Details:
Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton and Ira C. Magaziner, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”) is a global health organization committed to saving lives, reducing the burden of disease and strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world.
In India since 2004, CHAI has worked on various initiatives with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and has served over 350,000 people in the country, including children, mothers and caregivers.
Supply Chain Initiative
Well-functioning supply chains to deliver essential medicines, vaccines, family planning commodities and other health products form the mainstay of a public health system. A mature supply chain not only delivers essential medicines and health products to the target population, but it also returns critical information regarding the need, demand, and consumption of these commodities to health system decision makers and managers. While health product supply chains in India have improved over a period of time, enduring infirmities pertaining to inefficient procurement processes, ineffective inventory management, lacklustre distribution mechanisms and variable data visibility continue to hamstring Government of India’s (GoI) ability to respond to the healthcare needs of the country’s population.
GoI in recent years has launched several initiatives to improve the country’s health profile, one such initiative is focused on improving the availability and uptake of family planning services, however, amongst other factors the success of this initiative will depend on consistent availability of key commodities at health facilities for beneficiaries to access readily.
To improve the supply chain performance of health systems in Bihar, and improve data visibility into family planning commodities across the health value chain, CHAI is launching a Family Planning initiative to work across four areas as outlined below, working with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Government of Bihar.
The Analyst – Supply Chain Initiative will be responsible for supporting the Senior Associate and Program Manager to drive CHAI’s strategy in Bihar, working closely with the National Health Mission and Bihar Medical Supplies Corportaion (BMSCIL)
This work will focus on developing and driving the program’s strategy, managing state government and other development partners to achieve the program objectives in the state of Bihar.
CHAI is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual with strong analytical and quantitative skills. Successful candidates will have excellent communications skills, be able to function independently, be self-motivated, have the ability to thrive in challenging environments, and have a strong commitment to excellence. We place great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, energy, and work ethic.Responsibilities
The Analyst will be expected to:
- Support the Program Manager to drive operational excellence through analytics, develop programs strategy and ensure that the program is on track to achieve its objectives
- Assist Program Manager and work stream leads in executing project strategy
- Establish strong, collaborative relationships with the Government of Bihar, Bihar Medical Supplies Corportaion (BMSCIL), Bihar- Technical Support Unit and other stakeholders in the program to support government leadership and priorities
- Work closely with the government of Bihar to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to supply chain, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation
- Develop and improve the existing SOPs for procurement to improve supply chain processes at district and block level in the state
- Support the training specialist vendor to execute various aspects of the training rollouts for the FP MIS. Work with the vendor on training design, content, and delivery
- Ensure the targeted uptake of MIS systems and family planning commodities in the state
- Co-ordinate with other local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or relationships.
- Draw on CHAI’s global and local expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagement proactively and work in a collaborative manner with cross-cultural teams.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Program Manager or the project director
- Should be willing to travel short notice within Bihar with over 40-50% travel
- Fluency in English & Hindi
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Sciences, Business or a related discipline.
- 1-3 years of work experience in a field requiring both, analytics and exceptional presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills including the ability to mine large amounts of data, create tools/ macros to create data models etc.
- Proven track record of working in challenging multi-stakeholder environments & ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders and drive immediate results
- Experience structuring and leading evidence based decision making processes
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Extremely strong data management/excel skills; strong modelling skills
- Highly entrepreneurial and with strong self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and be effective under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and responsively, with a strong commitment to excellence.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and a high degree of self-confidence
- Work experience in a consulting, investment banking or a fast-paced results oriented organization
- Experience working with the public sector and managing cross-sectoral team