Senior Analyst Vacines Jobs Vacancy in Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai
Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai urgently required following position for Senior Analyst Vacines. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Analyst Vacines Jobs Vacancy in Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai Jobs Details:
Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton and Ira C. Magaziner, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”) is a global health organization committed to saving lives, reducing the burden of disease and strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world.
In India since 2004, CHAI has worked on various initiatives with the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and has served over 350,000 people in the country, including children, mothers and caregivers. We are also currently engaged with the state governments of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat in implementing an ambitious campaign around Essential Medicines to arrest diarrhoea and pneumonia mortality in these states. CHAI has recently started a new Vaccines program to support the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare to strengthen the immunization cold chain and supply chain systems in the country, in addition to carrying out focused strategic interventions in MP, UP & Bihar to improve availability and quality of vaccines.
Vaccination is widely acknowledged as one of the most cost-effective and focused disease interventions. In addition, the unprecedented wave of new vaccines expected over the next decade has the potential to dramatically reduce the global burden of disease.
Vaccines need to be stored in specialized cold chain equipment such as ILRs (Ice Lined Refrigerators) which should maintain a temperature between 2-8 ° Celsius. These vaccines are stored in ILRs at various levels of the supply chain such as the State & Regional Vaccine Store, District Vaccine Store, Community Health Centres and Primary Health Centres. To ensure that vaccines are available today and in the future to every child in the state, it is imperative to have sufficient storage capacity today as well as projected capacity at each of these levels (i.e., sufficient number and volume of cold chain equipment).
Although India has made significant progress in the last decade in improving vaccine coverage and introducing new vaccines, many challenges remain. CHAI operates a vaccines program in India to support the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare on its Universal Immunization program (UIP) in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. The program also provides catalytic support to the National Cold Chain & Vaccines Management Resource Centre (NIHFW) on national projects. Our focus is on supporting the UIP program in improving availability, efficacy of vaccines and efficiency of vaccines systems through strengthening Cold Chain Management and Vaccines Delivery & Logistics. This entails working on various work streams such as Cold Chain Expansion, Network Optimization; Equipment Maintenance and Management, Temperature Monitoring, Stock Management and Vaccine distribution processes.
Background on the role
Vaccines need to be stored in specialized cold chain equipment such as ILRs (Ice Lined Refrigerators) which should maintain a temperature between 2-8 degrees Celsius. These vaccines are stored in ILRs at various levels of the supply chain such as the State & Regional Vaccine Store, District Vaccine Store, Community Health Centers and Primary Health Centers. To ensure that vaccines are available today and in the future to every child in the state, it is imperative to have sufficient storage capacity today as well as projected capacity at each of these levels (i.e., sufficient number and volume of cold chain equipment).
‘Cold Chain Planning’ involves creating and implementing multi-year plan for the Government which ensures sufficient and appropriate cold chain capacity to store existing vaccines and all planned new vaccine introductions. ‘Cold Chain Optimization’ goes a step beyond Cold Chain Planning to ensure that the network of Cold Chain points is most optimized to enable vaccines reaching the last mile in the shortest delivery time and in an efficacious condition.
The Vaccines program is looking for a program officer who can shoulder the dual responsibilities of the working closely with the Program Manager on project strategy and execution and of leading a significant part of the program’s Uttar Pradesh vertical. The role entails working with an entrepreneurial mind set and self-motivation. A highly qualified, dynamic, energetic person with exceptional people skills and experience of working in challenging environments would make for a strong candidate for this role. Demonstrated application of analytical skills and problem solving in complex environments would be essential. Previous exposure to working on outputs for senior leadership at the state level would be imperative.Responsibilities
- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact
- Identify cold chain gaps and support the State Government to develop a multi-year plan to bridge gaps
- Work on optimizing the Cold Chain Network in the state by analyzing distribution of cold chain points, frequency of deliveries to last mile site, transportation systems, deployment of health workers etc.
- Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices on vaccine cold chain improvement
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort
- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scale-up, and develop innovative strategies to address them.,
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Program Manager or Country Director
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Sciences, Business or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a field requiring both, analytics and exceptional presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills including the ability to mine large amounts of data, create tools/ macros to create data models etc.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Proven track record of working in challenging multi-stakeholder environments & ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders and drive immediate results
- Experience in the planning and execution of large scale projects, including budgeting and activity planning
- Experience structuring and leading evidence based decision making processes
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willingness to travel if required and at short notice, even to remote places is expected
- Fluent in English and Hindi
- MBA or Masters/ advanced degree in public health
- Prior experience working in Uttar Pradesh with Govt. or in Public Health space would be an added advantage