Associate Jobs Vacancy in Morgan Stanley Mumbai
Morgan Stanley Mumbai urgently required following position for Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Associate Jobs Vacancy in Morgan Stanley Mumbai Jobs Details:
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization?s financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Unit Controller for our Equity P&L controller team supporting the Asia Prime Brokerage business .
As a controller you will be a member of the P&L production team supporting the Prime Brokerage business unit. The P&L production team is responsible for the daily reconciliation and reporting of P&L, additional weekly and monthly reporting to support the Business Unit and senior Finance management and also the provision of analysis to support the Business Unit Finance leads. This is a high profile role, which requires the individual to work closely with colleagues across the global organization in Finance, Operations and the Business Unit.
More specifically the successful candidate will:
- perform daily reconciliation of the Risk systems attributed P&L to the Reporting system
- identify and investigate breaks
- escalate issues in a timely manner to management
- prepare daily P&L reports for distribution to the business unit and finance managers for review
- undertake daily analysis and substantiation of new trading activity to report and/or for discussion with the BUC?s and or Ops/BU
- understand the businesses supported including the strategy, products and inherent risks.
- understand the risk & reporting systems and contribute to enhancing the control environment.
- Contribute to Finance related projects, process enhancements, UAT testing etc
- Other P&L related tasks and requests as required
- Strong academic background including a Graduation in Commerce, specialization in Financial Accounting
- Prior Business Unit/ Product control experience with a knowledge of financial products, preferably equities
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent specialization in Finance stream
- Preferred 2-4 years financial experience (Capital Market related experience an advantage)
- Understanding of Corporate Actions would be beneficial