Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in General Electric Bengaluru
General Electric Bengaluru urgently required following position for Software Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in General Electric Bengaluru Jobs Details:
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for customization of PDMS (Plant Design Management System) tools and provide solution to Clean Combustion engineering that will enable performance, cost & cycle competitiveness. In this role, you will be responsible for major and complex assignments with long-term business implications, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Responsible for understanding business needs, identify automation opportunities to reduce engineering man hours and over all cycle time.
- Act as a business analyst for project scoping and develop detailed functional specifications for software development.
- Collaborate with generation, system integration leaders and cross functional teams to get required inputs for PDMS Automation that includes design rules, sizing algorithms and variability analysis to support different boiler configurations.
- Closely work with engineering teams and responsible for developing overall process maps and detailed design steps for automation.
- Responsible for wing to wing automation for piping layout and general arrangement design.
- Responsible for outcome of automation in terms of design process, scalability and flexibility of a given module.
- Provide support for product structuring and cost out opportunities in terms of automation.
- Evaluate current technology/Modules in boiler engineering related to plant design and recommend tools/processes for improving availability, reliability, and stability.
- Adapt to integrating new and existing solutions across platforms.
- Mechanical or civil Engineering degree with minimum 2 years of experience in power industry. Good experience in PDMS customization using PML programming.
- Good programming background in C, C++ and C #, SQL database.
- Familiar with object oriented programming and hands on experience in using Microsoft’s .NET Framework for application development.
- Modelling of piping and equipment in AVEVA PDMS 3D and E3D environment.
- Working knowledge of PDMS software’s especially piping and General Arrangement.
- Understanding of engineering & software standards.
- Strong interpersonal & influencing skills, High energy, self-started, with a proven record of delivering results.
- Good understanding in performing PDMS Drafts, Data Consistency Checks, and Clash resolutions.
- Proactively identifies and resolves complex issues within functional areas and/ or area of expertise.
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to complex problems.
- Should be proficient in use of National/International codes and Standards related to layout and piping engineering.
Locations: India; Bengaluru
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.