Program Officer Jobs Vacancy in Population Council New Delhi
Population Council New Delhi urgently required following position for Program Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Officer Jobs Vacancy in Population Council New Delhi Jobs Details:
POSITION SUMMARY: The Population Council is inviting applications from experienced economists for a Program Officer position at New Delhi. This position requires extensive experience in econometric research and analyses, and monitoring and evaluation of programs in developing country settings on topics related to maternal and child health, nutrition and sanitation. The incumbent is expected to contribute to the design and lead evaluation studies on costing and cost-effectiveness of health and nutrition programs as well as these programs’ social return on investments. S/he will also participate in data analyses, data management, paper and report writing, and coordinate with partners .
- Lead the design and implementation of costing studies, cost-effectiveness evaluations and studies determining the social return of investments among rural women in the states of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
- Work on cost and efficiency analysis as well as use econometric modelling on different financial and behavioral data.
- Develop data collection tools, monitor field-based data collection activities, program monitoring and process documentation, and coordinate communication between the Council team and selected individuals from partner institutions.
- Work on multiple datasets with application of advanced statistical analyses.
- Assist the Project Director on data analyses and preparation of scientific manuscripts for publication.
- Any other responsibilities, as required by the project (or) Population Council.
1. Master’s degree in economics, statistics, demography, population studies or any other social science subject with background in statistics or related fields; PhD preferred.
2. Previous experience of working on costing, cost-effectiveness and social return of investment analysis is desirable.
3. Familiarity with data collection techniques, ensuring quality of data and managing field based research teams required.
4. Excellent written and communication skills in English; knowledge of Hindi is essential.
5. Good knowledge of statistical software packages such as STATA, SPSS and SAS; knowledge of using data collection packages such as CSPro would be an advantage.
6. Willingness for extensive travel within India for project studies.