Lab Chemist Jobs Vacancy in Sri Pushpam Industrie Puducherry
Sri Pushpam Industrie Puducherry urgently required following position for Lab Chemist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lab Chemist Jobs Vacancy in Sri Pushpam Industrie Puducherry Jobs Details:
About the Company:
Sree Pushpam Industrie is an FMCG industry manufacturing detergent cakes & powder, dish wash bar and powder. The company has a track record of sustained growth since it was incepted. Sree Pushpam Industrie has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certifications.
Sree Pushpam Industrie has two automated manufacturing units with a well-built infrastructure and vital amenities. The company has 200 to 300 employees.
“Ponvandu” and “707” are the most reputed brands of the company marking its presence in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Goa, Pondicherry, Kerala and Andaman Islands.
As one of the leading manufacturer of detergent cakes, powder and fabric conditioner our objective is to sell high quality detergent products to the middle and lower segment of the population at an affordable cost by adopting high quality standards and low cost manufacturing practices.
We are looking for a Lab - Chemist with a Bachelor's/ Master's Degree in Chemistry and carrying an experience of 1 - 2 years in FMCGs preferably in soap industry.
- Thirubhuvanai, Puducherry - 605107
- Kirumambakkam, Puducherry - 607402
Position is expected to perform a variety of routine tasks and often complex and difficult procedures independently and under supervision, in support of the conduct of normal laboratory operations. Individual is expected to detect and report problems in standardized procedures due to instrumental, sample, or test system failures. Performs a variety of routine, laboratory-based procedures. Responsible for understanding and routinely performing applicable Standard Operating Procedures, study specific protocol procedures and other laboratory assignments. This often includes recording instrument and apparatus readings on standard forms, preparation of test systems and recording and compiling laboratory data in real time in a complete and thorough manner for individual assignments. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the labs, storage and chamber areas as well as executing regular maintenance/calibration of equipment used on a regular basis. Employee is responsible for understanding and adhering to all safety and good Laboratory Practice regulations as well as company policies. Duties are performed with minimal supervision.
Reporting to: Manager - QA & QC
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Completion of standard procedures requiring precision and accuracy in support of laboratory operations and projects, as outlined in the department’s skill matrix for this job level
- Must be able to effectively use balances, meters, pumps, stir plates, funnels, pipets, burets, heating plates, fume hoods and other standard laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to execute various glassware-cleaning procedures used in the laboratory.
- Must be able to work with environmental samples such soils, plant tissue, animal tissues, water and sediment.
- Must be able to work with test compounds (including radiolabeled materials), solvents, detergents, acids, bases, resins, silicones and activated carbon.
- Must be able to keep detailed, organized records and complete required documentation for the associated tests, in “real time.”
- Must be able to execute Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must become familiar with study protocols and testing procedures.
- Must become familiar with identifying equipment and study-related problems, bringing them to the attention of supervisor for resolution.
- Will assist in compilation of data books.
- Data entry on a computer and verifying for acceptable extractability and material balance, in real-time, and decide if a repeat analysis or additional extraction is warranted.
- Must understand and execute appropriate disposal of liquid and solid wastes.
- Be able to use a Geiger counter for laboratory wipe test and checking for potential radioactive contamination.
- Must be able to travel to facilities outside of Wareham laboratory to collect or process samples.
- Be able to perform duties with respirator on an as-needed basis.
- Be able to work more than 8 hours per day, as needed, as well as on weekend days if required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, function in a noisy work environment with frequent interruptions, and to reach to low and high storage areas and test systems.
- Sitting - 150%
- Standing - 85%
- Reaching - 5%
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, pinching
- Grasping, pipetting - 25%
- Walking - 15%
- Writing - 15%
- Visual - 100%
- Must be able to comprehend the potential hazards of the chemicals in use and adhere to the proper safety techniques as dictated by the Safety Manual and/or Management.
- Must be able to wear gloves, lab coat, eye protection, sleeves, hearing protection, pesticide suit, plastic booties, dust masks, a respirator and a face mask.
- Must be able to understand and follow laboratory safety standards.
- Relevant degree in chemistry or a related scientific discipline.
- Proven industry experience in organic synthesis and strong background in analytical chemistry techniques.
- A working knowledge and practical experience with operation and management of the MH Scale Up Facility (SUF) for new components manufacture, technology transfer from the lab to the manufacturing plants.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹13,000.00 to ₹15,000.00 /month
- work: 1 year