Engineer Software Engineering Jobs Vacancy in Cisco Bengaluru
Cisco Bengaluru urgently required following position for Engineer Software Engineering. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineer Software Engineering Jobs Vacancy in Cisco Bengaluru Jobs Details:
The Business Entity:
Security is one of the fastest growing business at Cisco. The Content Security Group is sizable part of the Cisco’s Security Business Group. The Content Security Group provides best in class email and web security solutions that have been consistently rated as leaders in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for the past several years.
We are looking for experienced Software Developers for our Email Security Software development team, with strong design skills and ability to translate requirements to working features. The Email security portfolio consists of Email Security Appliances, managed Cloud Email Security service and virtualized Email Security devices for the private cloud.
The Email Security team is based out of Cisco’s Bangalore office, and owns the complete email security product portfolio end to end.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Implement new features and extend existing functionality and take end to end ownership of the assigned work.
- Work closely with a cross functional teams (User Experience, Test, Operations, Product Management, Support etc.) to design and develop new features.
- Work closely with fellow developers on software / system architecture in agile environment.
- Create estimates and schedules for the tasks in any agile methodologies.
- Participate in scrum ceremonies and update progress of assigned tasks in agile development tools.
- Strong hands-on programming experience in Python or Object Oriented Languages like C++, Java.
- Has deep experience with at least one of the following (including associated tools, development, debug environments):
o Protocol development (e.g. SMTP, HTTP, LDAP, TCP/IP, DNS)
o UNIX/Linux kernel development.
- Prior experience in the email security technology or in cloud/orchestration related technologies like Open Stack, Puppet etc. is an added advantage.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies lie ESXi, KVM, Zen etc. is an added advantage.
- Ability to quickly adopt to the changing environment and willing to contribute in all areas of the software development including design, development and testing in a truly agile development.
- Masters / Under Graduate Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a reputed college with good percentage.
- 5+ yrs of development experience in reputed organization.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.