Inland Operations Supervisor Chennai Cfs Cold Chain Jobs Vacancy in Maersk Chennai
- Inland Operations Supervisor Chennai Cfs Cold Chain
- Chennai TN
- 19 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
Maersk Chennai urgently required following position for Inland Operations Supervisor Chennai Cfs Cold Chain. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Inland Operations Supervisor Chennai Cfs Cold Chain Jobs Vacancy in Maersk Chennai Jobs Details:
APM Terminals Inland Services South Asia is a part of APM Terminals- a leading global port and cargo inland services provider with a presence in 59 countries providing the world’s most geographically balanced global terminal network with 76 operating port and terminal facilities, five new port facilities under construction, and an inland services network spanning 117 operations at 87 locations in 37 countries. Based in The Hague, Netherlands, the company works with shipping lines, importers/exporters, governments, business leaders and the entire global supply chain to provide solutions that help nations achieve their ambitions and businesses reach their performance goals. APM Terminals Inland Services South Asia (ISSA) comprises of Container Freight Stations, Inland Container Depots, Warehouses and Container Repair facilities in Mumbai, Delhi, Mundra, Chennai, Pune, Tuticorin and Pipavav. ISSA is powered by a dedicated team of over 300 accomplished professionals who focus on providing best in class integrated solutions in the field of inland container logistics.
APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best. If you see yourself being part of a team that helps the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, then we want to hear from you!
The role is responsible for guiding the operations team, work in partnership with cross functional teams to create synergy to fulfilling customer SLAs, safe, compliant and efficient operations translating into desired profitability.
- Efficient handling of temperature sensitive products.
- Temperature monitoring of all inward and outward product movement
- Responsible for complete management of the warehouse – bonded and non-bonded. Looking after the overall management of warehouse and inventory outflow, including managing shifts
- Able to implement processes and systems that will generate higher productivity
- Understands the principles of Inventory / Stock Management.
- Able to analyze the data to monitor the systems and plan improvements.
- Maintains the physical conditions of the warehouse and ensure safe environment.
- Hands on IT and Excel Skills.
- Clear macro and micro planning of work load at beginning of the day and plan activities taking into account workload, attendance, special situations etc. Implementing strict measures in operations and optimizing resource and capacity utilization.
- Managing the distribution operations and maintaining the stocks without variance by stock verification process.
- Assessing the performance of the distribution and suggesting measures to reduce operating cost and improve the performance of the distribution.
- Managing warehouse with maximum order feeding.
- Discuss and Implement Customers SLAs. Good communication with the customers and acting as single window information for in and out flow of information and its execution.
- Monitoring, briefing and reporting on Projected Volume eg total lines, attendance, Lines per hour, cartons load and priority in picking during emergency situations. Proper and timely replenishment and cycle counts and bin auditing.
- Handling complete facility and infrastructure set up. Managing office equipment, fixed assets and ensuring that all the equipment are functional. Setting up resource allocation as per load for MHE.
- Managing housekeeping activity disposal of scrap and waste through proper coordination with Commercial HSSE / Legal.
- Managing Customer In Plant Managers and 3 PL work forces in day to day operations. Identify and screen / review manpower vendors
- Calculating and monitoring Capex and Opex cost of the distribution center.
- Productivity Benchmarking and optimizing utilization of all assets.
- Managing budgeting, operational planning, etc.
- Ability to understand Customer Requirements and provide costings and solutions – as required – for various industry segments.
- Attend and implement outcomes of Service Performance Reviews with customers
- Understand Customs / Legal requirements of Warehousing
- Zero error in receiving and dispatch of goods.
- Ensure KPI’s are always achieved and maintained.
- High EES score for team.
- Complete Customer satisfaction and no complaints.
- SOP’s are adhered and revised from time to time as per management’s decision
- No complaints from Customs and Government Authorities.
- Ensure operations as per the statutory regulations; periodical audits conducted and report submitted to management with action plans and deadlines.
- Individual agreements with the customers to be adhered; no deviation permitted without the proper approval from authorities.
- No major IR & Security incidence.
- Complying with HSSE Requirements and ensuring Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Follow the highest safety standards with no compromise.
- Understand and promote the importance of Safety by observing and supporting all safety initiatives strictly and demonstrate commitment towards safety
We are looking for
Graduate in any field of study with minimum experience of 5 to 7 yrs in managing warehouse operations with 3 yrs of experience as a warehouse manager.
Good knowledge of WMS system and GWP, warehouse operations, inventory management, stock counts, inventory reconciliation, food safety and temperature integrity in warehouse operations.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Problem solving and decision making
Strong in operations and time management
Good analytical skills, effective delegation and result oriented