Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Requisition Title:SH - Specialist – Maintenance and Reliability
Organization:Research &Develpmnt Pulp&Fibre
Introduction about the Business_1
A US $41 billion corporation, the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. The Group globally operates in Cements, Metals, Mining, Acrylic Fibre, Carbon Black, Insulators, Agri Business, Chemicals, Pulp & Viscose Fibre, Apparel & Textiles, Trading, Financial Telecom and Retail Industries. The Group has been adjudged among the `Top two Best Employers in India’ in 2011 through an AON-Hewitt study. It has also been Ranked No. 1 in Asia Pacific, and No. 4 globally as a Top Company for Leaders. Grasim is India’s leading fibre manufacturer and the global leader in viscose staple fibre (VSF), a man-made, biodegradable fibre with characteristics akin to cotton. Grasim’s VSF plants are located at Nagda in Madhya Pradesh, Kharach, Vilayat in Gujarat and Harihar in Karnataka in India. Grasim’s unit at Nagda is its largest unit producing a wide range of VSF to suit customer requirements in terms of length, denier and color, and also second- and third-generation fibres like Modal, Excel and Solvent Spun fibres, respectively. The Nagda unit is the largest producer of spun-dyed specialty fibre in the world. Birla Cellulose constantly drives innovation and has a dedicated R&D facilities spanning plantation to fashion. LIVA, the magic fluid fabric from Grasim, a group company is a favorite with fashion designers. With the capability to offer the entire range of cellulosic fibre under the umbrella brand of ‘Birla Cellulose’, Grasim has positioned itself as a dependable supplier of cellulosic fibres for “Feel, Comfort and Fashion” across global markets. Grasim has ventured into the production of high-performance viscose fibres to help the company penetrate into niche markets and grow further. Grasim’s viscose fibres have been branded Viscose Plus, High Wet Modulus Fibres (Modal) and the new generation Solvent Spun Fibres and Birla Excel.
- Lead – maintenance and Reliability.
- Responsible for maintenance management in the Areas of Mechanical, Instrumentation and Electrical systems in Totality.
- Professionally and systematically monitors and maintains an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes:
Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
Implement methodologies to identify and resolve inherent reliability problems
- Implement systems to ensure reliability and maintenance of equipment and processes.
- Does thorough root cause analysis of breakdowns
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations.
- Provides technical support to production.
BE/B Tech in Mechanical/Instrumentation/Electrical Engineering with minimum 8 years of work experience in continuous Production facility.
Experience as a Section Head/Manager in the areas of planning and maintenance operations. All around Exposure to Mechanical/Instrumentation and Electrical system is preferred.
Thorough understanding of Technical aspects of Mechanical, Instrumentation and Electrical Systems.
Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
1. In-depth understanding of analytical techniques, QA, method development 2. Six Sigma, statistical quality control 3. Strong data analysis skills 4. Adept in developing new/quick analysis techniques 5. Experience in advance analytical techniques (or interpretation and fundamental understanding) like FTIR, XRD, SEM, PSD analyzer etc will be preferred 6. Laboratory safety management
Indian Rupee (INR)
6 - 8 Years
Reports to: Assistant Vice President
Last Date of Application