Dsit Retail Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Shell
Shell urgently required following position for Dsit Retail Business Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Dsit Retail Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Shell Jobs Details:
The Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of their clients and stakeholders, and helping to determine feasible solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This position will give you the opportunity to grow to become an active thought partner and solution visionary that shapes the technology demand and direction in the business community.
This position has the following accountabilities:
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
- Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
- Interact with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
- Configure and document software and processes, using agreed standards and tools.
- Create acceptance criteria and validate that solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
- Create and present compelling business cases to justify solution value and establish approval, funding and prioritization.
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control Business Analysis activities on projects within agreed parameters of cost, time and quality.
- Understand and stay abreast of relevant architectures and technologies related to a business area. Research potential solutions and innovative ideas. Guide and manage interactions with technology vendors.
- Lead stakeholder management activities including facilitation of large design sessions.
- Lead teams to complete business analysis on projects. Set the direction for business analysis activities within large programs or strategic initiatives.
- Support longer-term business strategic goals through proposing improvements in value, cost, process, data, technology, functionality, and initiating high-level business requirements and feasibility studies to discover options and directions.
- Champion the development of long-term Business Analysis capability within Shell through bringing external perspectives, coaching others about BA techniques, identifying and promoting best practices, and contributing to community building.
- Significant travel likely in the first 12 months with high likelihood of periodic travel thereafter.
- Respond to organizational and environmental changes during in-progress activities.
- Guide business stakeholders to gain acceptance / sign-off despite competing objectives. Manage requirements to the smallest set that will provide the biggest impact in advancing business objectives and end-user buy-in.
- Describe technology in terms easily understood by business customers and set realistic customer expectations for the project outcome. Adjust customer expectations in accordance with changes in scope.
- Generate innovative approaches to existing problems or new opportunities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build trust and understand their goals, motivations, constraints, risks, and operating environment.
Standard added (read only)
For further information on the IT competences needed, please refer to the MyCareer in IT site: https://eu001-sp.shell.com/sites/AAFAA0646/default.aspx
- Scope of applications: 6-10
- No of users of applications (retail sites): ~14,500
- No of business critical applications supported: None
- Budget: ~$1.2MM USD
- No of suppliers: ~10
- No of reports (direct): 0
- No of reports (indirect): 0
- Breadth and depth of business contacts: Other business analysts to middle management
- Value to the business: Throughput of $10k to $100m direct
Skills & Requirements:
- Typical Years of Experience: 4-7 years IT experience on application development, project delivery, support, or planning and management of IT
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT
- Job Grade of Supervisor/Manager: Reporting to JG4 SA EU/ZA/AMR BA Team Lead in Site Automation Competence Center (ITH – Bangalore)
- Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and tools.
- Agile project experience.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts and data/process analysis and modeling.
- Knowledge of the technology landscape including current and future developments and the most commonly available products and integrated solutions.
- Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail.
- Experience analyzing the alignment between business requirements and system capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly.
- CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) or PMI-PBA certification preferred.
- Lean Practitioner training and experience are an asset.
- This is a position in the Site Automation Competence Centre within the Retail Application Delivery, and the role has responsibility for the design and the functional integrity of the suite of Site Systems (Point of Sales, Electronic Payment Servers, Site Controllers and Payment Terminals) used at Retail sites.
- Engage with Business Interface and business stakeholders to discuss the relevant business requirements, including information risks, relevant IRM investments and appropriate IRM interventions.
- Work on assigned projects to bring valuable Retail site systems business domain, technical and application knowledge
- Perform Unit, System Integration and E2E process testing for new enhancements, projects, and perform or facilitate change management communication to the user community on future IT solution changes (i.e. raise change tickets)
- Support and maintain local test lab located in Houston and used for local certification testing for legal/fiscal requirements, acquirer interfaces, etc.
- Operate relevant PCI DSS controls for markets/countries and systems in PCI scope, ensure SA CC controls are embedded and operated effectively, provide required evidence, and participate/support PCI DSS audits
- Support ITSO and third party suppliers in security, incident/problem management, change management and other run and maintain activities as a Functional and Business process expert
- Role is located in London but is expected to support Retail Site Automation projects and discretionary activities in Canada and the US.
Additional Skills & Requirements:
- Understanding of the Retail business environment and associated business processes, site operations and application landscape (fuel and convenience retail product management and inventory, fuels pricing, file polling, payments and loyalty)
- Experience in delivering and supporting Retail business applications
- Strong analytical aptitude, be able to analyze complex/ambiguous requirements and be able to identify and drive value for the business