Program Associate English Team Pratham Jobs Vacancy in Pratham Education
Pratham Education urgently required following position for Program Associate English Team Pratham. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Associate English Team Pratham Jobs Vacancy in Pratham Education Jobs Details:
Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai
slums. Over the last 20 years Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to
provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union
territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the
WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize
in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Serce. For more details, refer to
Programme Associate — Central English Team
The position of an Associate in the Central English Team offers young, motivated, energetic
people the opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s work across the country. The
Central English Team functions along three simultaneous outlines:
- Development of quality learning content
- Building and reinforcement of teachers’ capacities, via training workshops on
- Tracking field progress, testing content feasibility and following reports
impart a comprehensive grasp of field issues in education in India. The Associate’s role will
- Learning material in English language: The Associate will create quality learner-
conformity with the requirements of any project/region.
- Teacher-training material: The associate will design modern and dynamic training
He/she will also train teachers in various locations on the specific manuals and
- Others: The associate is expected to rapidly develop an understanding of the field,
editing, formatting, designing and distribution of English content.
Capacity Building on Pedagogy
- Evaluation and research: The associate will continually evaluate English and allied
building workshops/training programmes for English teachers. He/she will research
and devise creative and productive pedagogical methods for maximizing classroom
- Capacity building: The associate will build Pratham’s field staff’s capacity by handling
teachers on an on-going basis, he/she will understand the requirements of teachers
and students, as-well-as design and implement changes wherever required.
Tracking Field Progress
- Field visits: The associate will periodically make visits to project locations in order to
- Others: The associate may also be asked to work/travel with the Programme
Unit for administering tests, recording results and following collated data to equip
the English team with important perspectives.
The associate will be based at Pratham’s office in Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi but will be
expected to travel to project locations extensively.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree
- Strong command over oral and written English language
- Discerning eye for editing and modifying content in English
- Ability to communicate fluently in Hindi
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- 0 – 2 years of work experience
- Strong interest in the goals of Pratham
- Comfortable with extensive field work and travel
- Willing to adjust to the different modes of transport (bus, train, etc.) and staying
- Willingness to commit to 2 - 3 years of work with Pratham
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Keeping oneself constantly updated on the broader educational context in India
- Past experience of teaching English
- Ability to communicate in one or more Indian languages
- Familiarity with rural and semi-urban regions of India
- Work experience in development projects
Send the following to email@example.com (early applicants will be given preference)
and mention ‘Application for the position of Program Associate – Central English Team’ in
the subject line:
1. Current Résumé : Résumé should contain
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background
Academic Record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management and
Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
2. Statement of Purpose (500 Words)
- ₹ 18,000/- to ₹ 24,000/- per month.
- Salary shall be finalized based on the experience and skill set of candidates. Salary is
- Travel, food and lodging costs for work related travel outside base location shall be