Database Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Oracle Bengaluru
Oracle Bengaluru urgently required following position for Database Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Database Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Oracle Bengaluru Jobs Details:
SaaS Cloud Service architecture team, part of Oracle Production Engineering & Operation (PEO), is responsible for designing processes around provisioning, Life cycle Management and support infrastructure for the Cloud organization. We focus on improving the SaaS Customer on boarding process , efficiently slice the hardware, constant improvements to ongoing processes and work closely with automation team to automate enterprise software provisioning and change management. Our (Oracle) Data Centre’s are spread across various locations globally and hosts business-critical customer Production and DR environments.
Experience: 10+ years
Education Qualification: Bachelor of Computer Science / MCA from reputable University.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with product development teams to design and build scalable, highly available, and high performing SaaS service on Oracle DB.
- Lead the design, development and deployment of database processes needed to onboard Customers
- Collaborate constantly with product development team to improve operational processes related to Oracle Database
- Design High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions using Oracle Database technologies
- Design re-usable operations solutions associated with Database ( like backup strategy, break glass , TDE etc )
- Constantly improve processes to reduce operational costs
- Mentor developers and DBAs on performance optimization techniques
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
- Ensures compliance with all architecture directions and standards set forth by database architecture team
- Work with other operations team to architect more scalable solutions for SaaS offerings
- Acts as a thought leader with cloud ops team members
- Helps to arbitrate decisions in specific areas of expertise
- Ensure all solutions recommended can be automated to reduce operational costs
- Experience with Agile Scrum
- Linux administration skills
- Oracle Database using PDBs and CDBs
- Strong Dataguard skills
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager and Siteguard
- Expertise in High Availability and Disaster Recovery artifacts using Oracle Database Technologies
- Experience with Oracle Exadata ( X5-2,X6-2 )
- Expertise in RAC, ASM, RMAN, Dataguard, Streams
- Working knowledge on PL/SQL
- Should be self-driven and able to handle/drive projects independently
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and able to work in a team and also individually.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Candidate must be versatile, long-term visionary, a team-player, and enjoys working with new technologies in a fast-paced technology environment.
Good to have:
- Experience in PostgreSQL
- Experience with Chef ,Mcollective,Terraform, Ansible and Puppet .
- Experience with other Oracle technologies and components a plus
- Experience with Oracle GoldenGate
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle database and database tools. May act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Success at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is greatly preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.