Project Contract Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Alstom Bengaluru
Alstom Bengaluru urgently required following position for Project Contract Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Contract Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Alstom Bengaluru Jobs Details:
The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Purpose of the Job: The Project Contract Administrator is responsible for the Contract Administration of RS & Mtnce (Rolling Stock and Maintenance) from tender to contract award, through to contract execution up to the final acceptance of the work and final account. The Project Contract administrator shall be responsible for end to end implementation of the contract administration and management of the RS & Mtnce Contracts from its inception to closure including, but not limited to, the financial closure.
The Candidate holding a position as a Contract Administrator, must have strong versatile experience in (E&M) Engineering & Maintenance type projects complemented with hands on experience on Tendering / Bidding process. He/ She should have been working in and for large projects of industrial/ institutional companies primarily in E&M works in India.
Hierarchical / Functional: reporting: Project Contract Manager ( Pr CM)-ELoco
Key Network & Links
Internal: Contract Manager, Project team members, Transport Legal & Contract Management Department / in-house lawyer, Product / Business teams, Contract Management Community, Sourcing and Procurement, Tender teams & Business Development, Systems Engineer and Manager, Project Co-ordinators, Planners.
External: other Main Contractors, sub-contractors, Consultants, Customers.
Contractual deliverables on time.
Timely processing of project variation requests / orders, Extension of Time (EoT), and claim files preparation
Environmental Health & Safety Performance
Key Performance Indicators
Trust Team Action.
People : None
Relationship with project team members, peers, other functional members
Scope of the role and responsibilities:
- Preparation and management of:
- Prepare and support Tender, pre-Bid documentation, bidding process, clarifications, evaluation for the EPC Contract scope and other scope of work associated with the RS & Mtnce works of E-Loco
- Prepare and support Contract negotiations prior to award of contract
- Be a supportive member of the Contract recommendation / award team
- Record and Administer post contract correspondences and communications
- Contract administration and management during the contract execution
- Support and prepare contract extensions / change order management/ contractual performance measurement
- Administer Contract closure and contract management during the Warranty period
- Provide Administration support to conclude final account
- Provide administrative support for any Arbitrations / disputes if required.
- Support the preparation of Contract Summary, flowcharts as requested by the Project Contract Manager
- Administrate the elaboration of the Contract Deliverables Requirements List by the Project team members is communicated and launched in time. Ongoing, preparation and support to the Project Contract Manager to liaise and communicate to the Project team, all the contract obligations and deliverables for review on a monthly basis to anticipate risks and opportunities; check schedule and all milestones compliance.
- Administer and implement project specific commercial procedures, particularly regarding correspondences, notifications, insurances and variation requests / orders and claims preparation files. Ensure a reliable filing system with easy access of the correspondence from, and to, the contractors in line with ELoco document control procedures.
- Support the Project Contract Manager to prepare a pragmatic commercial approach based on contractual analysis of the project terms and conditions, to protect on a daily basis ELoco interests towards the contractors
- Anticipate events and risks; propose various counter-strategies and commercial solutions to keep the situation under control.
- Work closely with the Project Contract Manager ELoco to mitigate risks and leverage opportunities.
- Support the Project Contract Manager in reviewing all correspondence by analysing all incoming correspondence, and preparing and reviewing all outgoing correspondence.
- Provide to the Project Contract Manager reports as necessary and when relevant, alert or flash email on matters relating to Risk / negative margin impact.
- Support the Contract Manager on insurance matters in liaison with region insurance organisation.
- Provide at any time, on Management demand, a reliable and understandable contractual and commercial analysis of the project
- Any other project related work as desired by the Project Contract Manager and /or as the Project demands.
A Degree in Business Commercial / Engineering / RS & Mtnce or similar including Contract Law higher level qualification (English Common Law practice) or equivalent
Desired Knowledge / Experience
- 8 years in a similar Contract Administrative role with a large RS & Mtnce or Transport Company. (desirable in the Railway business).
- 5 years’ experience working in a large multi-national company
- Good communication in English, Hindi, as well as native language
- knowledge and skill in networking within a large organisation
Behavioural Skills / Competencies
- Strong personality, having a persuasive attitude capable and commensurate to having experienced working with a large Engineering & Maintenance work contractor/client for 8 years
- Analytical skills and system minded demonstrating best practice.
- Rigorous for reporting and trouble shooting
- Provides early warnings as soon as unforeseen problems arise, to ensure timely corrective action can be taken
- Strong analysis capability for identifying system issues
- Identifies critical tasks & issues and takes action to ensure execution, delivery and follow-up
- Good communication skills for interfacing with our European and native colleagues.
- Approach discussions/negotiations with the objective of achieving a win-win outcome.
- Ability to communicate to different levels
- Communicates with transparency: Delivers clear messages
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently
- Creates an environment where individuals actively take initiative and ownership
- Delegates, provides encouragement and support to people in accepting responsibility with accountability
- Excellent Microsoft Office, presentation, MS Visio, MS Excel, P6 & MS planning tool skills
- Languages : English, Hindi (French desired but not required)
Why Work for Us? At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry.
More about Alstom www.alstom.com
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Procurement, Document Control, Business Development, Administrative, Operations, Sales