Program Officer Communications Jobs Vacancy in Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai Chennai
Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai Chennai urgently required following position for Program Officer Communications. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Officer Communications Jobs Vacancy in Clinton Health Access Initiative Chai Chennai Jobs Details:
Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton and Ira C. Magaziner, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives, reducing the burden of disease and strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world.
CHAI India is working with the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC) towards an ambitious vision of a TB Free Chennai. Under this vision, the Corporation aims to develop a comprehensive service delivery model for rapidly achieving increased case detection and reduced TB mortality. The Corporation's vision will be realized through the support and collaboration of several donors and partners providing technical and implementing support. The program calls for close coordination amongst different stakeholders and strategic partners to ensure that activities and resources are streamlined and operational synergies maximized. A technical support group (TSG) constituting a team of specialists in specific fields has been established by CHAI to provide technical and strategic support to the Corporation. This TSG is led by a Program Manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, for the role of Program Officer, Communications. S/He must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence. S/He will work under the guidance of the TSG Manager; and work closely with other key strategic partners, to provide strategic assistance, technical inputs, and coordinate design and production for communication activities for the TB Free Chennai Initiative
- Develop a comprehensive and cohesive Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilisation (ACSM) Plan for the TB Free Chennai Initiative through stakeholder workshops, needs assessments, and compilation of secondary research
- Lead the designing of the ACSM tools and frameworks for the project; develop communication briefs and creatives for print/AV media formats. Organize pretesting of creatives, analyse and coordinate with stakeholders to finalize the creatives
- Liaise with the relevant agencies / vendors for the production of communication materials
- Operationalize the roll out and implementation of demand generation efforts
- Support ongoing initiatives within GCC with technical inputs so as to bring common messaging across the key stakeholders
- Coordinate and execute public events such as Continued Medical Education events, lab engagement programs, awareness programs among chemists, dissemination events / workshops as requested. Design and plan advocacy programs with patient and care-givers groups patients
- Prepare annual and quarterly training plans on ACSM activities in consultation with all stakeholders and technical staff of the project
- Coordinate with all stakeholders to identify ACSM issues and to report program accomplishments and challenges
- Master's Degree in health or social sciences or communications, or a related advanced degree relevant to the field of public health, with specific emphasis on health communication, promotion and/or education strongly preferred; Bachelor's degree required
- At least 5 years' experience in the field of strategic communications; Experience in the development sector would be an added advantage
- Excellent command over written and spoken English and Tamil
- Understanding and familiarity with a range of communication channels and approaches
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, especially clinical, scientific and technical information
- Demonstrated experience writing results for scientific publication (preferred)