India Compliance Counsel Jobs Vacancy in Oracle Gurgaon
Oracle Gurgaon urgently required following position for India Compliance Counsel. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
India Compliance Counsel Jobs Vacancy in Oracle Gurgaon Jobs Details:
India Compliance Counsel-180005S1 Preferred Qualifications
· Responsible for implementing Oracle’s global Compliance and Ethics Program and achieving program objectives throughout India.
· Reports to the SVP Legal, Regional Compliance and Ethics Officer, Asia Pacific and Japan.
· Provide guidance to Oracle’s executives and management on ethics, business conduct and compliance matters in India.
· Arrange and attend quarterly Regional Business Council meetings to update regional executives on compliance risks, trends and developments.
· Develop and implement a live training curriculum and schedule to ensure that Oracle employees as well as distribution partners in the region are aware of Oracle’s anti-corruption policy and relevant laws.
· Promote an ethical corporate environment through training and leading process/policy enhancements.
· Identify areas of compliance risk, business control/process issues and work collaboratively with business partners to find solutions.
· Develop regular communications to employees in the region concerning Oracle’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct and related policies and procedures as well as new developments in law or regulation pertaining to compliance.
· Collect executive and employee feedback on the effectiveness of Oracle’s compliance policies, training and communication.
· Collaborate with Forensic Investigation Unit, Global Information Security and the global compliance team as well as Human Resources and the Legal Department, as appropriate, to investigate allegations of unethical behavior or other violation of Oracle policy, to recommend appropriate disciplinary and/or remedial measures, and to ensure such measures are promptly implemented.
· Collaborate with Forensic Investigation Unit and the global compliance team to record the progress of these investigations in Oracle’s case management system (to enable, among other things, system analytics and reporting for senior management).
· Collaborate with the Alliances & Channels organization to ensure the selection of Oracle distribution partners that are committed to ethical business conduct and to encourage those partners in the implementation of effective compliance programs.
· Handle escalations of Oracle distribution partner issues that arise, whether through investigations or routine due diligence.
· Meet with distribution partners to underscore Oracle’s commitment to ethical business practices.
· Conduct compliance investigations and interviews and, as required lead a team of cross-functional personnel during investigations.
· Perform independent forensic reviews under the auspices of Oracle’s Legal Compliance & Ethics program. Organize, plan, and execute on all aspects of an investigation, including scoping, detailed test work, data analysis, electronic forensics, interviewing, and reporting.
· Perform reviews in accordance with Oracle’s Compliance and Ethics Program Investigation Guidelines, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners’ Code of Professional Ethics, and the Institute of Internal Auditors Practice Guide on Internal Auditing and Fraud.
· Administer the process for review of events, meetings and related expenses to ensure compliance with Oracle policy.
· Administer the process for review of meals, gifts, entertainment and sponsorships to ensure compliance with Oracle policy.
· Administer the process for disclosure of conflicts of interest in the region and ensure that mitigation plans are implemented where appropriate.
· Identify areas of legal compliance risk and collaborate with the regional compliance team as well as functional managers as well as global and regional executives to identify effective controls and processes to mitigate those risks.
· Work with the regional and global compliance teams to identify common concerns, establish common standards and propagate best practices.
· Coordinate regional implementation of other Compliance and Ethics Program initiatives.
· Monitor ethics and compliance developments, identify best practices and champion adoption as appropriate.
· Collaborate with the global compliance team to continuously improve Oracle’s Compliance and Ethics Program.
· Undergraduate and legal degrees from top institutions.
· 8+ years of legal experience, preferably in a combination of global law firm and in-house environments. Experience in the high technology industry as well as previous experience in compliance preferred.
· Minimum 5-8+ years Investigation/Forensic Audit/Compliance experience and BA/BS or Legal degree.
· Prior experience with/knowledge of Compliance & Ethics investigations, FCPA and UK Bribery Act.
· Advanced interviewing skills are desirable.
· Experience in conducting international investigations and ability to travel as required (estimated travel 10-30%).
· Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values.
· Strong executive presence and the ability to quickly gain the confidence of business clients.
· Maturity and strong leadership skills with the capacity to provide direction and develop a strong and capable team.
· Superior written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization.
· Excellent judgment and the capacity to make decisions and give advice that demonstrates an understanding of the risk/rewards of each situation.
· Practical and creative problem analysis and resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and prioritize work as needed to meet business needs.
· A high level of self-motivation and commitment to client service including the ability to work as part of a small dedicated team of compliance personnel.
· Fluency in English (written and spoken) required.
· Willingness to travel on a regular basis.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Provide legal support across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
Responsible for providing legal advice to the organization. Close liaison to business in providing a variety of corporate and commercial legal services. May perform litigation on Oracle's behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal, administrative or investigative actions handled by outside counsel. May draft, review, and negotiate major and/or non-standard technology contracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements, and cloud services agreements. May advise on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance. Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions. Works closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle and coordinates legal matters handled by outside lawyers. Demonstrates deep general commercial or functional knowledge across a wide range of sub disciplines within the individual's specialty area(s), (e.g., general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, securities compliance and regulatory, employment law, immigration law, cloud transactions, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management, intellectual property, trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry)
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8+ years related experience. Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar background is a plus for roles within certain sub disciplines. Completed law degree and member of bar association in relevant jurisdictions. Excellent legal skills and business judgment in areas of responsibility. Proficient writing skills.