Rail Signal Safety Jobs Vacancy in Bechtel
Bechtel urgently required following position for Rail Signal Safety. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Rail Signal Safety Jobs Vacancy in Bechtel Jobs Details:
Requisition ID: 204379
QUALIFICATION: BE/BTech in Electrical / Electronics & Communications/ from reputed institute with relevant 15 + years experience
- This senior position will report directly to the Chief Engineer of the New Delhi office and will work within a team of rail related disciplines to support the Infrastructure business unit, business development and the execution of studies, FEED and EPC for projects around the world.
- Design and manage EPC rail projects, through all project phases, from business development and project definition, to bidding, project execution (conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design), construction management, and completion.
- Manage all relevant engineering activities so that they result in projects that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Plans and conducts independent work within the Infrastructure business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to solving problems.
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of engineering techniques.
- Plans, coordinates and delivers engineering training through instructor led and virtual training sessions for the function.
- Coordinates technical issues with other departments on projects which may include constructability requirements and technical reviews.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the rail industry.
- Systems engineering background.
A. Supervision Received
- Performs most assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance from Engineering Specialists or Supervisors on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed project plans.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical direction and assigns work to subordinate engineers, designers, drafters, technicians and others who assist in performing specific assignments.
- Independently contacts vendor’s representatives and project field personnel to gather or give information. Contacts client counterparts as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for a global business unit usually in one discipline in a project or staff group.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Performs work using appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools.
- Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment or works.
- Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Provides engineering support to proposal documents.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers.
- Provides advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Ensure that the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of appropriate legislation.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Plans and coordinates rail systems engineering work for the Infrastructure business unit.
- Rail Systems is defined as all railway infrastructure fixed equipment, including track, overhead line, signalling, telecommunications, control centre and on-board/mobile signalling and telecommunications equipment.
- Oversight and integrating the various engineering and systems engineering disciplines (HVAC, MEP, Rail Systems, Traction Power, Medium & Low Power, Rolling Stock and RAMS).
- Ensures that Technical Risk Assessments (e.g. HAZIDs, HAZOPs, IDCs/IDRs, QRAs) are comprehensive and complete, safety practices and procedures are implemented and engineering design and corresponding documentation are in compliance with the associated projects Quality Assurance plan and procedures.
- Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating this activity.
- Supports and is accountable for the delivery of satisfactory safety assurance relating to the technical integrity of rail systems as designed, built, installed and tested.
- Is responsible for acting independently on rail systems engineering matters pertaining to the business unit.
- Has oversight of the complex interfaces with railway system design and the detailed design prepared by multiple design contractors on projects.
- Exercises both line management and functional direction over assigned Engineers, Engineering Supervisors and Project Engineers.
- Participates in contact with the client on matters relating to project engineering progress and quality.
- Oversees all rail systems design and construction technical coordination and interface issues.
- In consultation with the Engineering Manager, reviews and maintains the rail systems engineering staffing plan.
- Directs and provides technical and administrative guidance to assigned Project and/or discipline Engineers in the management of the preliminary engineering.
- Conducts annual performance reviews in accordance with approved procedures.
- Oversees design, constructability and Value Engineering reviews on projects.
- Supervise the preparation of, reviews and endorses bid analyses and recommendations for procurement of equipment material and services within engineering scope of responsibility.
- Check and ensure Engineering Quality Design of independent engineering firms that are carrying out the detailed engineering design.
- Perform technical reviews of contractors, shop drawings, product data, material samples, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- Thorough knowledge of CENELEC standards EN50126, EN50128 & EN50129.
- Knowledge of Common Safety Method
- Fully knowledgeable and conversant with AREMA standards
- Understands the application of Engineering Department Procedures, relevant Bechtel design guides. Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of CAD (both 2-D and 3-D), CAE to perform the work.
- Thorough knowledge of Requirements Management and associated tools.
- Knowledge of Interface Management and the management of system to civil and system to system interfaces.
- Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The above is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, OR
- A professional license in an appropriate engineering discipline from a recognized licensing board, OR
- Sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines to meet job requirements, AND
- Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.