Specialist Networks Jobs Vacancy in Sungard Availability Service Bengaluru
Sungard Availability Service Bengaluru urgently required following position for Specialist Networks. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Specialist Networks Jobs Vacancy in Sungard Availability Service Bengaluru Jobs Details:
The Senior Data Communications Engineer (Senior DCE) is responsible for providing technical support for the Subscriber’s disaster recovery networks. The technical support provided by the Senior DCE includes the coordination of network testing activities as well as the implementation, configuration, activation and troubleshooting of more complex subscriber networks.
- Provide data communications support to more complex subscribers during network tests and actual recoveries. This includes second level problem determination and resolution using various diagnostic equipment.
- Provide documentation in the form of network test statuses, subscriber profiles, network diagrams, telecommunications billing and monthly reports
- Identify network requirements and potential problems for tests by reviewing subscribers’ previous test statuses, profiles, network diagrams and contractual information.
- Identify and coordinate all network test activities and objectives. This includes pre-test, post-test and actual network test windows.
- Implement subscriber disaster recovery networks according to coordinated requirements. This includes the inter-connectivity and configuration of all network equipment
- Provide technical assistance to more complex subscribers during the planning and coordination of network tests.
- Assist in mentoring , training DCEs
- Provide Tier II support for Web Redirect tests by providing additional address ranges for customer tests or static routing for accessibilities through DMZ
- Provide Tier II support for the IP Redirect product
- Provide Tier II support for pre-built LAN Bridging issues
- Support NetRedirect Private IP (PIP) migrations from traditional Point-to-Point NetRedirect circuits to Verizon MPLS service
- Implement and support Disaster Recovery tests for Net Redirect over PIP
- Schedule Flexibility:
- Special Projects:
- Support other SunGard products, recovery methodologies as they evolve.
o Validate and support other SunGard products, recovery methodologies as they evolve.
o Work with product management and venders as required.
o Other projects as assigned.
- Be the customer’s advocate within SunGard. Understand their recovery requirements, critical testing windows, and potential impacts.
- Escalate to Management as appropriate. Keep them in the loop on ongoing issues and those resulting in potential customer dissatisfaction.
- On call (24 x 7) support during testing when needed.
- Gain an understanding of the customer’s production environment and how it fits into recovery.
- 6 +years technical experience in a dynamic network environment
- Technical knowledge and experience with modems, CSU/DSU’s, multiplexers, and routers,
- Experience on Cloud- Vmware. Network security devices like firewalls, VPN concentrators, load balancers, etc…
- Technical knowledge and experience with, ISDN, and T1, T3 and MPLS networks.
- Knowledge of and experience with various network protocols, such as SNA/SDLC, TCP/IP and BGP
- Knowledge and working experience with all 7 layers of the OSI model, concentrating on layers 1,2,3,4 and 5.
- Knowledge of and experience with PCs, LAN protocols and connectivity (Ethernet 10/100/100, Token Ring,).
- Proficient knowledge of network components related to Mainframe systems (channel extenders, remote access, protocol conversion/gateway devices, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient knowledge in project management fundamentals
- End user PC experience in a windows environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to delegate and act in a leadership capacity.
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)or equivalent certification
College degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Experience configuring Juniper routers and switches
Experience with Frame Relay and MPLS Networks
Experience with ATM
Experience with Ethernet networks
Knowledge of network components related to Mainframe and Mid-Range platforms (communications controllers, channel extenders, protocol conversion/gateway devices, etc.)
- Proficiency with Windows Office-based applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- College Degree preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, team player able to immediately contribute in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment.
- Previous experience in a disaster recovery role a plus.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds as needed for test set up.
- Must be able to periodically shift schedule to meet business objectives.
- Working knowledge of project management fundamentals.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational & time management skills.
- Active listener
- Detail oriented
- Good problem solving & decision making skills.
- Good PC skills, word processing, spreadsheets.
- Understanding of current information technologies.
- Ability to learn quickly & work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing environment.